Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Friday
The ice is finally off Jordanelle, I’m going to give the Kokanee a go Friday, I have room for 2-3 people if anyone wants to join, reply to this post and I will respond with a PM.

Update: I got three guys lined up, I figure if the Kokanee do not cooperate the Rainbows probably will, I'm hoping we may see a report from other members who may get out their before we do Friday or run into some other members on friday to compare notes.
(05-02-2023, 02:50 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: The ice is finally off Jordanelle, I’m going to give the Kokanee a go Friday, I have room for 2-3 people if anyone wants to join, reply to this post and I will respond with a PM.

I would like to try for Kokanee, never caught one.  I have spinning rods, what lures do I need to get for Kokanee?

Thanks,
Phong.
That is nice to know, just might have to give it a go myself. Is the water showing heavy staining? 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(05-02-2023, 01:01 PM)Bduck Wrote: That is nice to know, just might have to give it a go myself. Is the water showing heavy staining? 

I don't know how stained the water is, I just saw on the web cams that it was open yesterday, and the State Park posted on their Facebook page that they are putting the docks in on Thursday.
It will be stained with the high flows coming in. Weber river was like coffee and middle Provo wasn't much better.
And if it is like years past, there is likely to be a lot of branches and wood floating in the water...especially in the upper end of the rock cliff arm.  
Shawn, I'd like to go.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Played there today from 0700 to noon. Water was glass at launch, windy to retrieve. Fished south of the pwc ramp first. water was pretty brown and lots of debris in the water. No fish wanted to play. Went north, water was better though still not great. Came home with a skunk still clinging to the bow. Water is still pretty cold from 42-44*. A few other boats out, one reported getting 4 trout, no kokanee.
Usually Jordanelle only partially muds up. It is deep enough that the area by the dam stays clear enough to fish. This just so happens to be the prohibited area. Imagine that! I’ve been waiting for a new satellite photo.
It comes down to I'm opting out. With staining of the lake and 2 storms looming now, wind is now in play. Looks like wet weather for the next few days.  Cry
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(05-03-2023, 01:07 PM)Bduck Wrote: It comes down to I'm opting out. With staining of the lake and 2 storms looming now, wind is now in play. Looks like wet weather for the next few days.  Cry

I went today. It definitely got very windy in the afternoon. I caught two rainbows.  The main basin has sections of brown and green water.  Maybe half and half. I’m sure Rock cliff is mudded up. It’s coming up over a foot a day so it is t going to get any cleaner. https://www.usbr.gov/rsvrWater/rsv40Day....=Reservoir
Well we gave it a go and it dealt us a skunk. we launched a little after 6am from the main ramp and fished north then moved around to the area near the PWC ramp and fished across the lake to the Rock arm then back to the North the only thing that got caught was my down rigger ball in a tree that was in 80' of water that came all the way to the surface. We managed to get my down rigger ball back but lost two dodger squid set up to it. water temp was between 40-42 degrees.
(05-06-2023, 01:20 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Well we gave it a go and it dealt us a skunk. we launched a little after 6am from the main ramp and fished north then moved around to the area near the PWC ramp and fished across the lake to the Rock arm then back to the North the only thing that got caught was my down rigger ball in a tree that was in 80' of water that came all the way to the surface. We managed to get my down rigger ball back but lost two dodger squid set up to it. water temp was between 40-42 degrees.

Well that's too bad, not only the skunk but also losing your gear. Was the water to the North of the main ramp muddy, how about the area in front of the PWC ramp?
(05-06-2023, 04:45 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 01:20 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Well we gave it a go and it dealt us a skunk. we launched a little after 6am from the main ramp and fished north then moved around to the area near the PWC ramp and fished across the lake to the Rock arm then back to the North the only thing that got caught was my down rigger ball in a tree that was in 80' of water that came all the way to the surface. We managed to get my down rigger ball back but lost two dodger squid set up to it. water temp was between 40-42 degrees.

Well that's too bad, not only the skunk but also losing your gear. Was the water to the North of the main ramp muddy, how about the area in front of the PWC ramp?
The north end and by the PWC is stained the water in the rock arm is muddy.

I want to thank Shawn for taking me out on his boat.  Glad to meet you and Stan.  Even though we didn’t get bit, it was fun learning experience for me.
when we were there saw some schools in the top 25 feet of water but they did not want to bite. so maybe they are not that big,  so wait till next year.

maybe kokanee  catching will not be to good this year
(05-07-2023, 04:37 AM)liketrolling Wrote: when we were there saw some schools in the top 25 feet of water but they did not want to bite. so maybe they are not that big,  so wait till next year.

We marked a bunch of fish in the mouth of the rock creek arm but they were not interested in biting. The spot where I hung my ball in the tree was close to where you and Stan marked them on Wednesday. I think this was my first and last trip to Jordanelle for the year, work and family stuff is going to keep me off the water for a couple weeks, and once the ice is off the Berry, I’ll just keep on driving past Jordanelle.

(05-07-2023, 04:37 AM)liketrolling Wrote: when we were there saw some schools in the top 25 feet of water but they did not want to bite. so maybe they are not that big,  so wait till next year.

We marked a bunch of fish in the mouth of the rock creek arm but they were not interested The spot where I hung my ball in the tree was close to where you and Stan marked them on Wednesday. I think this was my first and last trip to Jordanelle for the year, work and family stuff is going to keep off the water for a couple weeks, and once the ice is off the Berry Ill just keep on driving past Jordanelle.
Normally the Berry would be ice off this time of the season, its a late start for most lakes this year and now that most are muddied. I might be wrong, but I think the Berry will not get the muddy stain and will see a lot of activity once ice off occurs. Bypassing the Nelle I will also do. The next round of warm weather will bring out the power squadrons.  Dodgy
Harrisville UT
(05-07-2023, 04:49 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:

We marked a bunch of fish in the mouth of the rock creek arm but they were not interested in biting. The spot where I hung my ball in the tree was close to where you and Stan marked them on Wednesday. I think this was my first and last trip to Jordanelle for the year, work and family stuff is going to keep me off the water for a couple weeks, and once the ice is off the Berry, I’ll just keep on driving past Jordanelle.

We marked a bunch of fish in the mouth of the rock creek arm but they were not interested The spot where I hung my ball in the tree was close to where you and Stan marked them on Wednesday. I think this was my first and last trip to Jordanelle for the year, work and family stuff is going to keep off the water for a couple weeks, and once the ice is off the Berry Ill just keep on driving past Jordanelle.

There is a long arm just north of the large rock cliff, where the provo joins the main body. Last year it was very low and I stopped on it. It had lots of pop gear and old gear. It's still covered with oak brushes.  It's a real trap.  Last year it had a bouy on it then. Every one watch out its very sudden and long.
Was hoping that you would of found some success but it does look quite muddy from the web cams