Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Challenge First Prizes:
Little update for those participating in the spring challenge and everyone else's info to entice you to sign up and join the fun.  First off we had two of Justin's boys tie for the first youth to catch a 28" catfish or bigger.  Both of his sons caught one the same trip, and since Justin was providing that prize, he got both of his boys a 25 pack of 5/0 circle hooks...  

Next Paddlingkitty's was the first one to enter a 30" catfish, even though an hour later Piscophillic  came in with one as well.. I believe the prize is a spool of 30 lb catfish line in yellow or orange.

The next prize is currently being drawn for, that will be one of three great prizes from fishing trips to rods, see the cat chat post on the contest board for details and to find out who wins the monthly prize.  There are 18 anglers in the drawing due to entering fish in the contest this month... Scroll over to the contest board and see the great fish that are being caught and entered in this challenge.  Later Jeff

PS... Just wanted all to know it's not too late to enter the contest, it's free... Just go to the Utah Contest board and we have the rules up top in the stickies... If you can't find it just get a hold of me and I'll get you fixed up... There is still a prize for the first catfish over 32", and who knows what other prizes we'll add as the contest goes on... Most likely we will have a prize each month for those that entered fish during the month of May or June respectively... Hopefully that will keep folks interested and entering fish whether its a bracket leader or not... (The fun part of this contest is you can effect the overall scores, even if you don't have the biggest...) Each day I watch fish in one bracket change the positions of several other folks... It's really interesting how a larger group like this makes it challenging to get to the top and stay there... Kind of fun to see the lead changing as much as it has this year. It's not like the same person is at the top and staying there, so keep an eye on things it changes often... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
May I add Jeff that because the youth prize went to my kids I bought a third pack of hooks for our youth division. Now I'm not promising it won't go to my third kid as he's caught a26.6" so he's getting up there, but I'm hoping it goes to one of the youth out there outside of my house lol.
Thanks Justin, we don’t have a lot of youth fishing in the contest yet, but I’ll bet they will pick up this month. Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!