Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South UL misc. and found
I had a fun time catching wb last week during the couple of days we had 80 degree temps. Seems likeĀ 80 degrees was the "on" switch and 70 degrees the "off" switch. Last week I caught a five-gallon bucket full in just a couple of hours, today only half dozen or so. I'm hoping their drive to spawn will reignite when the weather warms again.

I have not been out in my boat yet, been using the kayak and doing well in Mud Lake area. Some good cats in there, caught several in the 27-28 range, one 29.5 and a bunch of toofooters. It will get better.

Also wanted to post today to see if I can find the owner to the tackle bag below. It is loaded with some good stuff and I'm sure the owner would want it back. I rummaged through it but could not find any identification. I did find a receipt from Circle convenience store in Sandy, Ut. so it might belong to someone who lives up north. Also posted it on FB. If recognized, shoot me a pm and I will get it to the owner.

[Image: IMG-0159.jpg]
(05-08-2023, 09:48 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: I had a fun time catching wb last week during the couple of days we had 80 degree temps. Seems likeĀ 80 degrees was the "on" switch and 70 degrees the "off" switch. Last week I caught a five-gallon bucket full in just a couple of hours, today only half dozen or so. I'm hoping their drive to spawn will reignite when the weather warms again.

I have not been out in my boat yet, been using the kayak and doing well in Mud Lake area. Some good cats in there, caught several in the 27-28 range, one 29.5 and a bunch of toofooters. It will get better.

Also wanted to post today to see if I can find the owner to the tackle bag below. It is loaded with some good stuff and I'm sure the owner would want it back. I rummaged through it but could not find any identification. I did find a receipt from Circle convenience store in Sandy, Ut. so it might belong to someone who lives up north. Also posted it on FB. If recognized, shoot me a pm and I will get it to the owner.

[Image: IMG-0159.jpg]

Hey Lynn,

We found the same thing on Saturday. We only made it down as far as the orchards, but found only 2 WB in 90 minutes. Both were post spawn. Then we bagged it and went catfishing. The cold/wind had driven them way out in the lake, but when we found them the were cooperative. We got a little north of 20 cats and only 4 were 2 footers or less. Jon got a bump at 30", my best was 29.5 so no bump for me.

Fun trip though!