Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WB spawn
I noticed AF River was finally running. So I stopped on the way home from work,  and thought I would try to refill my summer bait supply!  I got there and there were 2 kyaks 2 boats and 4 other fishermen at 4 pm.  Fishing was fast and furious then out of the middle of nowhere it got crowded,  I mean BUTS TO NUTS crowded,  Constantly getting my line snagged and tangled by others.  Kept my cool and tried to help them untangle my line but the language barrier was bad.  Thank the gods I took my happy pill that morning or there would have been blood in the water!!  Forgot my bucket or bag to take fish home,  So I improvised and used the front pouch in my waders.  LOL (Wish I had a picture of me it probably looked pretty comical).  Left around 5:15 just as droves and droves of people were making their way to the water!  took home a handful for now but it was well over 75 plus!!  Only had a blue fox silver spinner with me on a very lightweight pole (I would suggest trying them on a lightweight pole it's a ton of fun, and makes them feel like 30-inch cats). 
[Image: Whitebass.jpg]

BTW 3 of the bunch were full of row. the rest male!!
Thanks for the report. I had a FB memory pop up that I was there 2 years ago for the spawn, sounds like it's gotten more crowded.
Just curious, was that on May 9th? I am just checking to see if the solunar table is predicting the bite for the WB. The Major Times for 5/9/23 was 3:49 AM-5:49 AM and 4:21 PM-6:21 PM.
(05-10-2023, 11:24 PM)Outfishing13 Wrote: Just curious, was that on May 9th?  I am just checking to see if the solunar table is predicting the bite for the WB. The Major Times for 5/9/23 was 3:49 AM-5:49 AM and 4:21 PM-6:21 PM.

Yes May 9 4:15 to 5:30
I hadn't looked, but I would have assumed the AF river was not just running, but running dangerous at this point, and the water very cold. Good to know how it be, thanks.
(05-11-2023, 05:25 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: I hadn't looked, but I would have assumed the AF river was not just running, but running dangerous at this point, and the water very cold.  Good to know how it be, thanks.

it was running fast and you could see the level rise while I was there.  it had some force walking through the inlet to UL