Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Flotilla at Utah Lake
Video 
It was good to see all of you and put faces with names. [Image: 20230520-120707-HDR.jpg]
Most of the group- missing a few who left early or came later.
[Image: 20230520-120725-HDR.jpg]
Good food.
[Image: 20230520-121144.jpg]
Great friends.
[Image: 20230520-121156-HDR.jpg]

[Image: 20230520-121216-HDR.jpg]

[Image: 20230520-121317.jpg]

Good time.
It was good to see everyone and get to know a few more. Food was good, fishing was good too!
I enjoyed finally putting faces to a few of the names on BFT.
Great seeing everyone! Congrats to all catfish slayers today!
I also enjoyed putting faces to the names. A special shout out to Lynn for getting the pavilion for us !!!
Nice to meet new people and nice to see some I knew. Food was good. Thanks Lynn for the Pavillion.
Fishing was great
Food was great
Company was great 
weather was great
Pavilion was great (Thanks Lynn)
Whoever planned this did great
Now that was a fun event! I enjoyed talking to everyone and putting faces to names. Food was great and weather could not have been better. I especially enjoyed the fishing. Between Catrat and myself we rassled about 24 husky cats to our kayaks. The fish were husky, healthy, and ready to do battle. Those 28-30 inch cats can really provide a ride in a yak.

I was surprised at the water depth. We wanted to fish shallow water hoping the cats might be starting to think of love. We were hugging the reeds but the water was 4-5 feet deep. Expect those males to start staking out nests soon. 

Fun time and thanks to all who made it so.
Wish we could have made it but we will be up this weekend. Can anyone tell me if Utah Lake State Park has a fish cleaning station or are there any on the lake anywhere? I have never seen one.
Utah lake state park does not have a fish cleaning station. I believe there’s one at Lincoln beach but not sure. Some of the other folks will most likely have more details.
(05-23-2023, 03:48 AM)JazzyM Wrote: Utah lake state park does not have a fish cleaning station.  I believe there’s one at Lincoln beach but not sure. Some of the other folks will most likely have more details.

I have never seen one at Lincoln Beach and I've been going there for 15 years.
That settles that for sure. I’m guessing there is no cleaning station anywhere on UL then?
(05-23-2023, 04:06 AM)JazzyM Wrote: That settles that for sure. I’m guessing there is no cleaning station anywhere on UL then?

There is one at Saratoga Springs Marina Park, right next to bathrooms on east edge of parking lot.
(05-23-2023, 04:17 AM):)MrShane Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 04:06 AM)JazzyM Wrote: That settles that for sure. I’m guessing there is no cleaning station anywhere on UL then?

There is one at Saratoga Springs Marina Park, right next to bathrooms on east edge of parking lot.

Smile

Good to know. Thx much
There used to be a fish cleaning station at Lincoln Beach.  But it was seldom operable.  It was either full of fish remains from improper useage...or full of rocks and bottles from clever folks who thought that might be funny.  It was removed a few years ago and is now just a picnic table under the former roof.
[Image: JAMMED-FILLET-DISPOSAL.jpg] [Image: BYE-BYE-CLEANING-STATION.jpg]

There is a fish cleaning station at the Saratoga Springs Marina at Pelican Bay. But the last couple of times I have stopped there to use it it has been inoperable.  Hopefully it is now working.
[Image: SARATOGA-FISH-CLEANING.jpg]

(05-23-2023, 12:28 PM)TubeDude Wrote: There used to be a fish cleaning station at Lincoln Beach.  But it was seldom operable.  It was either full of fish remains from improper useage...or full of rocks and bottles from clever folks who thought that might be funny.  It was removed a few years ago and is now just a picnic table under the former roof.

There is a fish cleaning station at the Saratoga Springs Marina at Pelican Bay. But the last couple of times I have stopped there to use it it has been inoperable.  Hopefully it is now working.

You are such an amazing historical resource.
(05-24-2023, 02:33 AM)JazzyM Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 12:28 PM)TubeDude Wrote: There used to be a fish cleaning station at Lincoln Beach.  But it was seldom operable.  It was either full of fish remains from improper useage...or full of rocks and bottles from clever folks who thought that might be funny.  It was removed a few years ago and is now just a picnic table under the former roof.

Some might say "hysterical".  Thanks fer the kindly comment.
I think that sooner or later - probably sooner - there won't be any fish cleaning stations anywhere simply because of idiots and vandals.
(05-24-2023, 12:31 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(05-24-2023, 02:33 AM)JazzyM Wrote:

Some might say "hysterical".  Thanks fer the kindly comment.

Welcome !