Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else having trouble viewing photos lately?
About 2 weeks ago I stopped seeing photos imbedded in posts or added on at the end.

Instead of a small image like I used to see, I just get links.

When I click on them, the "Post Image" window opens and I get to see all the adds around a blank window where the image should be.

Can anyone help with that?

Thanks!
(05-22-2023, 11:39 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: About 2 weeks ago I stopped seeing photos imbedded in posts or added on at the end.

When I click on them, the "Post Image" window opens and I get to see all the adds around a blank window where the image should be.

Thanks!

I'm not having any problems but ever once in a while I do see issues like you described. Have you tried hitting the X in the top r/h corner of the box? Some times you will see a button at the bottom that says Open or Close, if you see that always hit close.
Can you see the pics in this thread:
https://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/show...id=1103323

Can you tell me what post you were looking at that had the photo's that would not open?
Are you adding the images from a URL? Something like this 
https://www.sspfirearms.com/wp-content/u...inator.jpg

If so, it's likely not copying the whole URL. If not, just let me know any additional information you have, and we can look at it.
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
well......I've noticed that wiperhunter has a habit of editing people's posts and removing the pictures. The OP's question is exactly what happened on the thread that I posted a pic -- and then I got notice from wiperhunter saying that I posted a pic using a method that wasn't allowed, and he removed the pic -- which resulted in what piscophilic described above....
I have had intermittent problems with posting pics.  At one point there was not the prompt below a new post to allow inserting images.  That has since been fixed.

Another possibility is what browser you are using.  I know there are some differences in what shows up for both posting and editing a post between some browsers.  Some will not even allow you to choose between fonts or colors.  I use Firefox whenever posting or editing on BFT because it offers the greatest range of options.  I hate Edge & Chrome.
(05-22-2023, 11:53 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 11:39 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: About 2 weeks ago I stopped seeing photos imbedded in posts or added on at the end.

Thanks!

I'm not having any problems but ever once in a while I do see issues like you described. Have you tried hitting the X in the top r/h corner of the box? Some times you will see a button at the bottom that says Open or Close, if you see that always hit close.

Can you tell me what post you were looking at that had the photo's that would not open?

Thanks Curt, I tried to open the pictures in the post you linked and got the same result. I also tried Firefox and got the same result. I don't see and X in the top r/h corner of the image or screen. The only x I see is in the top r/h corner of the add banner. When I click that I get the usaull message from google wanting to know why I don't like that add.

[Image: result.jpg]

I just tried to post a jpg of my screen and all I can see is a tiny greenish image. I see that same image in the upperl/h corner of the picture that don't appear.

Can you open the image I uploaded just above "I just..."?
I see everything just fine and never see ads. Probably because I don't use Windows or MAC or a phone.

I'd help you if I could.
(05-23-2023, 03:38 PM)Piscophilic Wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks Curt, I tried to open the pictures in the post you linked and got the same result. I also tried Firefox and got the same result. I don't see and X in the top r/h corner of the image or screen. The only x I see is in the top r/h corner of the add banner. When I click that I get the usaull message from google wanting to know why I don't like that add.

I just tried to post a jpg of my screen and all I can see is a tiny greenish image. I see that same image in the upperl/h corner of the picture that don't appear.

Yes, the pic you added works fine and enlarges with no issues.
I use Chrome with zero issues, what browsers are you using? What server are you using? I use xfinity.
(05-23-2023, 10:26 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Thanks!

I use Chrome with zero issues, what browsers are you using? What server are you using? I use xfinity.
I use Chrome, but after Pat's comment I tried Firefox as well. At home my ISP is Spanish Fork Community Network.

I think you helped me stumble onto something. I asked the question while at was at BYU, at work. When I got home and saw your latest reply, the picture I put in earlier today looked normal and expanded, as did the 2 in the Scofield post you asked me to try earlier.

Something must have changed in the firewall at BYU. I'll just have to connect to the forum from my home network instead of theirs until I figure it out.

Thanks everybody for chiming in with suggestions!!!
(05-23-2023, 11:53 PM)Piscophilic Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 10:26 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Thanks!

I use Chrome, but after Pat's comment I tried Firefox as well. At home my ISP is Spanish Fork Community Network.

I think you helped me stumble onto something. I asked the question while at was at BYU, at work. When I got home and saw your latest reply, the picture I put in earlier today looked normal and expanded, as did the 2 in the Scofield post you asked me to try earlier.

Something must have changed in the firewall at BYU. I'll just have to connect to the forum from my home network instead of theirs until I figure it out.

Thanks everybody for chiming in with suggestions!!!

We have actually seen this before, with certain servers blocking BFT or the server that BFT uses. Because of an issue that BFT had on it's old site, it now uses two different servers, one for PDF files and text and one for photos. Pics have grown so large over the years this had to be done to protect the PDF files and text in the post. Because this was not done on the original site, it lost all of the pics and PDF fines before the site was finally rebuilt in early 2020.
It isn't you or your equipment, then. The issue is with BYU. Some schools, libraries, and businesses block access to any website that has anything they consider objectionable. Like hunting, fishing, or anything to do with those horrible guns. I won't go political, but you know what I'm getting at.

Don't be surprised if you are now on a list for even trying to access one of the forbidden fruits.
LOL, I definitely understand what your getting at. I guess if they get really stinky about it, I'd just have to retire Smile
(05-24-2023, 12:02 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: It isn't you or your equipment, then. The issue is with BYU. Some schools, libraries, and businesses block access to any website that has anything they consider objectionable. Like hunting, fishing, or anything to do with those horrible guns. I won't go political, but you know what I'm getting at.

Don't be surprised if you are now on a list for even trying to access one of the forbidden fruits.

Wow Rocky!