Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Launch Hours?
What time do they open the gates at Willard?
Is is still at 7:00am?
Are both ramps the same opening time?
Thanks.
Hope to get out there on Saturday.
It opens at 6 am
Thank you.
I called 3 different phone numbers for Willard Bay and could not get a person to answer.
The hours they open were not on the list of pre recorded messages

I knew that I would get help here at BFT.
Gate rolled open at 5:58 this am at the north launch
Gate opens at 6, fisherman start entering through the exit and parking at the disabled parking around 5.

Crazy.
Yesterday morning it appeared to be open at 5:45 as I drove past, I was looking to decide how early you could get in... But if Alan seen it at 5:58 today it sounds like 6:00 must be the magic number... Good luck... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
They used to have tire shredders at the exit to keep people from driving in that way. Don't know if they are still there and functional, though. The gates are on a timer - no attendant needed to open or close them.
My broken record response!! Why not ope the gates at 5AM now?? Give the fisherman another hour before we get run off by the Power Squadron!! Makes no sense! On most waters you are done by 10:30 due to boat traffic. Give us another hour of quiet water!!
That would require actual labor to change the info on every state park website page, and also to make new signs at the entrances. Way too much to ask of the Parks Dept. Unless it's to raise prices, of course.
(06-08-2023, 12:47 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: Gate opens at 6, fisherman start entering through the exit and parking at the disabled parking around 5.

Crazy.

Has anyone noticed the exit gate being open. Hate to get there super early and have to wait.
(06-16-2023, 01:04 AM)Redrebel Wrote:
(06-08-2023, 12:47 PM)PAC12_AfterDark Wrote: Gate opens at 6, fisherman start entering through the exit and parking at the disabled parking around 5.

Crazy.

Has anyone noticed the exit gate being open. Hate to get there super early and have to wait.

Not at the North marina, it has a gate but the South marina has those tire rippers at the exit, that use to work but haven't in years.