Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late fishing reports
This is a bit late. Been super busy but I have had a couple fishing trips lately. Few weeks ago, I caught my personal best Largemouth Bass in a local community pond fishing for planter rainbows. So was totally a huge surprise bonus fish. My wife caught her first ever wiper a few minutes after that. Only 2 fish caught but was very worth it! Last Saturday,  I took my wife, my dad and a couple of my nieces to utah lake for some white bass action. We had a slow start but once we found them it was on fire and we all caught a bunch of white bass! My nieces were very excited about it. The most fish they ever caught. Last night my wife and I had a couple hours so we went to the local pond and definitely didn't expect these results. Wasn't really expecting much but we probably caught well over 20-30 catfish in just a couple hours. Most catfish I have ever caught. Just on worms too. Going camping near vernal for a few days this coming week so hopefully I will have more fishing reports coming soon!
Thanks for the reports, better late than never. Congrats on that PB bass, that's awesome they have both LM bass and wipers in the same pond. Good for you getting your nieces on to all those white bass. What was the hot ticket for all those white bass? Wow, 20 to 30 cats at the same pond, you must have hit a hot spot for those cats. Good luck in the Vernal area on your next trip out.
Thanks! For the white bass I caught a few on a mepps spinner but they really liked red and chartreuse jigs. Couldn't get them on white which I normally do.
Has anyone been catching channels the past couple weeks? This weather has seemed to slow things down on the cache side of cutler.
Evan Haddock
(06-11-2023, 10:21 PM)EvanH Wrote: Has anyone been catching channels the past couple weeks? This weather has seemed to slow things down on the cache side of cutler.

Hey Evan, I haven't been out for a couple weeks, but I know the last time I did make it out, it had really slowed down from what it was earlier... It's also getting closer to the spawn and I loose the channels every year after the spawn, so I hope it isn't over already, but I know the end is getting near for the way I like to fish for the channels... Do you fish out of Benson or Cache Junction?  Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(06-12-2023, 06:43 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(06-11-2023, 10:21 PM)EvanH Wrote: Has anyone been catching channels the past couple weeks? This weather has seemed to slow things down on the cache side of cutler.

Hey Evan, I haven't been out for a couple weeks, but I know the last time I did make it out, it had really slowed down from what it was earlier... It's also getting closer to the spawn and I loose the channels every year after the spawn, so I hope it isn't over already, but I know the end is getting near for the way I like to fish for the channels... Do you fish out of Benson or Cache Junction?  Later Jeff

I fish all of it! I have been trying to find new paces accessible to the public or private that we can get permission to fish. Used to go with a friend on a boat but that's no longer possible
Evan Haddock