Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Kitty
There was an article in Outdoor Life about a new C&R record for Wels catfish.  A guy in Italy caught one over 9 feet long.  LINK TO ARTICLE  I'm guessing that if there were a few of those in Utah Lake we would have fewer carp...and probably every other species as well.

[Image: a4c8bcbab24f67ca6e97fb86880bb257.webp]

Wow, what a monster, with a mouth like that it looks like it could swallow a person, if you fell over board.
(06-04-2023, 09:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, what a monster, with a mouth like that it looks like it could swallow a person, if you fell over board.

Don't think I would care to go float tubing in Wels waters.   I prefer to catch and eat catfish...not the other way around.
I am wondering if some of our Southern US boys would be willing to "Noodle" one of those. LOL
(06-04-2023, 10:58 PM)Trent_S Wrote: I am wondering if some of our Southern US boys would be willing to "Noodle" one of those. LOL
Ha.  Probably not more than once.  If they survived it would probably still involve some loss of anatomy.  Just ask "lefty"...the former noodler with only one arm.
(06-04-2023, 10:58 PM)Trent_S Wrote: I am wondering if some of our Southern US boys would be willing to "Noodle" one of those. LOL

If I remember right there is a video floating around on YouTube of someone actually noodling for wels catfish. It’s quite the spectacle but he ends up getting a big one!