Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/11
Friend and I trolled various cranks, ended up with two of each, walleye, perch and cats. Mostly in the southwest area at about 2-2.5 mph. Hope to do better next time.
(06-12-2023, 12:20 PM)fishgiver Wrote: Friend and I trolled various cranks, ended up with two of each, walleye, perch and cats. Mostly in the southwest area at about 2-2.5 mph. Hope to do better next time.
Thanks for the report, what size lures were you using? We have been having our best luck on #7 in a variety of chartreuse colors. Did you happen to notice what the water temps were?
Water was 69 degrees
I think you’ve missed the best Walleye bite. I’m starting to see schools of bait I think are shad. When that happens it’s hard to compete with. Perch fishing has been phenomenal this year though, best I’ve ever encountered. Good luck.
(06-12-2023, 04:39 PM)RexKwanDo Wrote: I think you’ve missed the best Walleye bite. I’m starting to see schools of bait I think are shad. When that happens it’s hard to compete with. Perch fishing has been phenomenal this year though, best I’ve ever encountered. Good luck.

Hopefully we have another week or two of the good eye bite. Normally when the baby shad start showing up they are so small they are not high on the diet plan of the predators but they grow so fast that changes pretty quick. I think that we will start seeing those perch, eyes and wipers up higher and higher in the water column as they start chasing those shad. We did better last week when we found fewer shad, near by there were lots of fish but it was much better catching when we found lower numbers of fish. By the way, welcome to the site.