Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MANTUA
ANYONE KNOW WHAT MANTUA IS LOOKING LIKE?
Plenty o water. Clarity not too shabby. Gotta throw a few elbows to try get some room to launch and retrieve. I'll let you post the fishing portion. Good luck
Headed up there tomorrow. Hoping the bluegills are willing and plentiful. The fish have been slapping me around this spring, so I could use some success. I'll report back.
Back earlier than expected because fishing was worse than expected. I was looking for bluegills. Only one I saw was a chunky dead one on the beach with a seagull eating its head. I think with the late ice off the water isn't quite up to spawning temps for the bluegills. I covered almost the entire shoreline and saw no signs of bedding activity. I did see a few largemouth. Easily 100+ kayaks and a few dozen boats on the water. Most people were targeting the shoreline for bass. Saw just one fish caught. Thought about stopping in at Willard on my way back home, but if Mantua was that much of a zoo, I didn't want to mess with Willard.
Yup, it's crazy up there at times. I went a couple Fridays ago and there about 9:30 thinking time to let water warm a bit and activate the fish. Well, it was an absolute zoo, never seen anything like it. The trailer parking was full with of bass boat size and pontoon waiting to launch. There was at least 20 other kayak outfits parked and already launched. Drove down dike to SE parking area, and cars waiting to get in only to drive back out., and on way there were ladies, kids and dogs all along dike. On a separate note(s) there also has been a parade of vehicles with kayaks to Porcupine lately. Hyrum is now full and the power squad was all over it yesterday even way down into the very east end that is so shallow - couple COs watching the zoo from road above beach but really not sure they were key on doing anything.