Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few days of good fishing!
Went with my dad on a little camping/fishing trip last weekend near vernal. Fishing for Largemouth Bass and bluegill was on fire. I've never caught so many Largemouth. Nothing huge but very fun to catch. Ned rigs were the big favorite for bass. Bluegill took little poppers I was using on the fly rod. Also a few bass on that too. We decided to try Big Sandwash on our way home. Neither of us have ever been there. Fishing wasn't fast but what we caught were decent. 7 walleye,  few smallmouth, few trout and a perch were what we pulled out. Caught them on gulp minnows and twister tail jigs tipped with a worm. Overall it was a great couple of days with my dad!
Nice too see you had fun with your Dad alot of people should try and do it.
Sounds like a couple of great days with your Dad. Were you fishing from shore or boat? Were you vertical jigging for the eyes or casting at big sandwash.
(06-16-2023, 12:04 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sounds like a couple of great days with your Dad. Were you fishing from shore or boat? Were you vertical jigging for the eyes or casting at big sandwash.

Get those days in with your Dad while you can. Life moves on quicker than you think!
(06-15-2023, 11:30 PM)catdaddygar Wrote: Nice too see you had fun with your Dad alot of people should try and do it.

For sure! Great memories to be made!

(06-16-2023, 12:04 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sounds like a couple of great days with your Dad. Were you fishing from shore or boat? Were you vertical jigging for the eyes or casting at big sandwash.

I was doing both shore and my float tube. On the shore I got them just sinking the jig and jigging it back slowly. In the tube I just dropped it down to the bottom and just did a slow troll.

(06-16-2023, 02:46 AM)mdt Wrote:

Get those days in with your Dad while you can. Life moves on quicker than you think!

Yes it does! Definitely plan on it!
Had one of the most fun days of fishing I've ever had on Big Sand Wash just killing the LMs and Smallies at the inlet about 12 yrs ago...nothing huge, but all fat and sassy, so fun!