Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry/Soldier Creek Shore Fishing
My kids desperately want to go fishing, and my dad wants to go as well. I usually like to be out on a tube on a lake but need to take 5 kids, wife, mom and dad with me. We've had hit and miss success at Strawberry over the years and are thinking of heading that way Saturday hoping to get to the lake around 7:30 am. anyone have any reports for shore anglers up there right now? I'm thinking of going on the Soldier creek side as I'm guessing our usual strawberry spots are going to be muddy muddy muddy muddy right now. Any thoughts or comments you've heard from the shore angling folk up there right now?
Sorry, no first hand info but I don't think the Strawberry side will be muddy, maybe a little stained but you could always stop by at Chicken creek on your way over to the SC side and check it out.
Haws point should be good spot for shore fishing.
Or SC go over the dam and fish off the long point at the parking lot.
One place that I have found pretty good shore fishing in the past is where Horse Creek comes into Strawberry. There is a pullout (sign says Horse Creek) not far past the turn to Haws Point on the way over to Renegade. I drove past on Monday, it looked really good. The lake is up so the walk from the road to the lake is not far and there is a lot of grassy shore line that has been flooded since last year. That usually attracts the fish. I'm guessing some floating bait with a slide bubble filled with water would be pretty good. It's an area that I have found some nice rainbows in the past.