Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Wash 6-26
Made it to the ramp about 8, 5 trailers in the lot, wasnt sure where to go, first time there, looked up all the info I could for the lake, was happy there was a wedge dock, satellite dont show one,  from low water images made a plan, picked up a smally,  move to a few spots trying different stuff, had a couple planter bows smacking my swim baits, started trolling cranks about noon, couldnt keep the bow off flickers, caught about 8 bows, then this one felt different, about a 14 in eye,  ended up with 5 eyes, with a catch rate of about 8 to 1 bows to eyes, not counting the ones that come off on there own. left about 3. defiantly be going back,
[Image: 20230625-080239-1.jpg]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Great report, glad to hear you figured those eyes out. Fun to figure out a new lake. Could you tell what those other boats were fishing for?
(06-26-2023, 03:56 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report, glad to hear you figured those eyes out. Fun to figure out a new lake. Could you tell what those other boats were fishing for?

The guys I talked to where either after eyes or smallys, I think most where fishing to deep,  there was only a couple boats  up in where I was.
               O.C.F.D.
(06-26-2023, 04:08 PM)MSM1970 Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 03:56 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report, glad to hear you figured those eyes out. Fun to figure out a new lake. Could you tell what those other boats were fishing for?

The guys I talked to where either after eyes or smallys, I think most where fishing to deep,  there was only a couple boats  up in where I was.

How deep were you fishing?
(06-26-2023, 04:11 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 04:08 PM)MSM1970 Wrote:

How deep were you fishing?

15 to 20 ft, water temp was 69 when I left.
               O.C.F.D.