Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Monday the 26th
The wife and I stopped fishing at 10:30 the wind was just picking up 
it was a nice sunny day.  The water temp down 29 feet was 52 deg. that is what we want.  the last two times have not got a kokanee.
But it was a wild day catching fish It seemed like over 100 maybe 15 big rainbows.   (the cuts are all over I got in 40' water looking for kokanee lot of rainbows there)
we had a fish on most of the time some times 4 at the same time 

They need to stop planting Cutthroat's 

The end of September will see if there are any Kokanee running 
Forgot to look for Shawn's boat when he was there  but did see the kokanee kid one day, he was kind of staying by me for a while.
(06-27-2023, 12:35 PM)liketrolling Wrote: The wife and I stopped fishing at 10:30 the wind was just picking up 
it was a nice sunny day.  The water temp down 29 feet was 52 deg. that is what we want.  the last two times have not got a kokanee.
But it was a wild day catching fish It seemed like over 100 maybe 15 big rainbows.   (the cuts are all over I got in 40' water looking for kokanee lot of rainbows there)
we had a fish on most of the time some times 4 at the same time 

They need to stop planting Cutthroat's 

The end of September will see if there are any Kokanee running 

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Falls,_Idaho][/url] up the River.

Forgot to look for Shawn's boat when he was there  but did see the kokanee kid one day, he was kind of staying by me for a while.
You, Brookie and I where in the same area Thursday a various times and we all blanked on the Kokes, I'm going to give Jordanelle a shot on Friday. I hope warmer temps and the thermocline developing gets them biting.
YES, they need to slow down on the cutthroat planting!!!
They down right need to stop all cuts. Why does the DWR think we all want to catch Cutthroats. I call them Boots. A couple of tugs, then they drag helplessly to the boat, then some splash. BORING!!!!!!!!! I miss the days when the berry had Browns. I love Jordanelle for their Browns. If there were no Kokanee's I would slit my wrist's or move to Montana. Browns and kokes fight the same way. Muliple jumps from the water, drag running out, pure injoyment. UMMM wonder why my screen name is BROWN BAGGING. We need to express our feelings on the cutts to the DWR. I don't care if they are native. Fish Bear lake if you want them. Browns will do the same job with trash fish, if not BETTER!
(06-27-2023, 05:28 PM)BROWNBAGGN Wrote: They down right need to stop all cuts. Why does the DWR think we all want to catch Cutthroats. I call them Boots. A couple of tugs, then they drag helplessly to the boat, then some splash. BORING!!!!!!!!! I miss the days when the berry had Browns. I love Jordanelle for their Browns. If there were no Kokanee's I would slit my wrist's or move to Montana. Browns and kokes fight the same way. Muliple jumps from the water, drag running out, pure injoyment. UMMM wonder why my screen name is BROWN BAGGING. We need to express our feelings on the cutts to the DWR. I don't care if they are native. Fish Bear lake if you want them. Browns will do the same job with trash fish, if not BETTER!

You are right, they could plant kings, browns, even tiger muskies. Don't like the cuts..
Thats why I stoped fishing Strawberry 5 years ago was all the cuts. Was at Blue Meas this last weekend and no kokes there either. Gas was $3,49 to $3.59 all over Colorado.
(06-27-2023, 10:11 PM)catdaddygar Wrote: Thats why I stoped fishing Strawberry 5 years ago was all the cuts.  Was at Blue Meas this last weekend and no kokes there either.  Gas was $3,49 to $3.59 all over Colorado.

Did they re open elk creek? Hows the water level
If your asking about Blue Mesa I don t know about Elk creek but the lake was full .