Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle yesterday with Liketrolling
Ira and I drove up to Jordanelle and meet Robert for a morning of fishing. We arrived at 6 am and decided to call it quits at noon. The catching was slow but we ended up with 4 kokes and 5 bows. Water temps were 69 to 72 degrees, we caught most of our fish on Roberts homemade apex lures down around 20 to 30 ft. Enjoyed getting out with you again Robert, thanks for the invite.

[Image: jordanelle-kokes.jpg]

Caught most of the bows on one of True Blues new dodgers but no kokes.

[Image: trubluedodger.jpg]
(07-21-2023, 02:36 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Ira and I drove up to Jordanelle and meet Robert for a morning of fishing. We arrived at 6 am and decided to call it quits at noon. The catching was slow but we ended up with 4 kokes and 5 bows. Water temps were 69 to 72 degrees, we caught most of our fish on Roberts homemade apex lures down around 20 to 30 ft. Enjoyed getting out with you again Robert, thanks for the invite.

[Image: jordanelle-kokes.jpg]

Caught most of the bows on one of True Blues new dodgers but no kokes.

[Image: trubluedodger.jpg]

How big are those fish?
Single main, no kicker. Wink
If you click on the pic you should be able to see the tape measure at the bottom of that first fish.
Here is a better pic.

[Image: kokes-from-The-Nelle.jpg]
(07-21-2023, 02:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: If you click on the pic you should be able to see the tape measure at the bottom of that first fish.
Here is a better pic.

[Image: kokes-from-The-Nelle.jpg]

Check out this 20 inch 3 lb.
Good steaks.
[Image: 20230720-105307.jpg]
Have you noticed some of the larger Kokes are getting pink already? Got one yesterday that was well on the way to full pink status.
(07-21-2023, 07:08 PM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(07-21-2023, 02:59 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: If you click on the pic you should be able to see the tape measure at the bottom of that first fish.
Here is a better pic.

Check out this 20 inch 3 lb.
Good steaks.

Nice, that would be a good one for filets.
(07-21-2023, 07:22 PM)stan55 Wrote: Have you noticed some of the larger Kokes are getting pink already? Got one yesterday that was well on the way to full pink status.

Not really but that was our first trip to Jordanelle this year. Have you caught many that are turning pink this year?
Yeah, some of the largest are starting to turn pink. Got one today and 1 or 2 the last few days.
(07-21-2023, 11:45 PM)brookie Wrote: Yeah, some of the largest are starting to turn pink. Got one today and 1 or 2 the last few days.
Interesting, have you caught any of the smaller ones that a changing color? How were the power squad today?
Generally the smaller ones are still pretty chrome. Power squad was out in force today especially after 1000. For the most part they were reasonably respectable, though those wake boats can send quite the curl even from long distance.
(07-22-2023, 04:06 AM)brookie Wrote: Generally the smaller ones are still pretty chrome. Power squad was out in force today especially after 1000. For the most part they were reasonably respectable, though those wake boats can send quite the curl even from long distance.

I was sure you would be out there again today... I found more of the right stuff to day I'm ready for tuesday.Tuesday.
Next ones are for the smoker..
Power squadron was well behaved the last two days.
Only the 20+ inch Kokes were pinkish. Weird thing the last two days is all my fish including bows hit when I trolling west - away from sun. All the fish I saw other boats catch were also trolling west. It's usual for one direction to fish better but this was extreme. Trolling in any other direction was a waste.
(07-22-2023, 05:43 AM)stan55 Wrote: Power squadron was well behaved the last two days.
Only the 20+ inch Kokes were pinkish. Weird thing the last two days is all my fish including bows hit when I trolling west - away from sun. All the fish I saw other boats catch were also trolling west. It's usual for one direction to fish better but this was extreme. Trolling in any other direction was a waste.

Semi related - I have only ever caught kokes at fish lake trolling SOUTH. Damndest thing.
(07-22-2023, 04:31 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 04:06 AM)brookie Wrote: Generally the smaller ones are still pretty chrome. Power squad was out in force today especially after 1000. For the most part they were reasonably respectable, though those wake boats can send quite the curl even from long distance.

I was sure you would be out there again today... I found more of the right stuff to day I'm ready for tuesday.Tuesday.

The water might still have six inches of frothy foam on it by Tuesday Confused . I just looked at the entrance camera (1400) and there are 3 lanes of vehicles as far as you can see waiting to get through the check station.
(07-22-2023, 08:03 PM)brookie Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 04:31 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:

The water might still have six inches of frothy foam on it by Tuesday Confused . I just looked at the entrance camera (1400) and there are 3 lanes of vehicles as far as you can see waiting to get through the check station.
Great time to call a strategic air strike.