Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
took my wife fishing to day.   we got out of bed at 5 am which is better than  3 am   a lot more cars on the road
started out with four dodgers on 4 downriggers then started changing,     fishing for rainbows  saw a lot of fish on the fishfinder.
most were down 30 feet.  did not catch any rainbows,   but did catch 3 Walleye not to big. took two home.
all 3 were at 30 feet  in 45 to 65 feet deep  water.  got one on a dodger and a squid with a worm on.
  I was fishing any where between on top to down 45 feet.
water temp top was 68 down 30 feet it was 67 deg.   my speed was 1.5 to 2.2 mph    

left a 11 am  maybe about 6 boats fishing  and 10 power boats  not to bad.   first power boat showed up at 8:30 

I think that is the first time in my life I have never got a rainbow at deer creek.
had my 80th birthday party Sat.     still kicking but the wife is not doing so good.
That is very unusual to get no rainbows but 3 walleye with the method you were using. Thanks for sharing and Happy 80th Birthday!
(09-06-2023, 10:06 PM)liketrolling Wrote: took my wife fishing to day.   we got out of bed at 5 am which is better than  3 am   a lot more cars on the road
started out with four dodgers on 4 downriggers then started changing,     fishing for rainbows  saw a lot of fish on the fishfinder.
most were down 30 feet.  did not catch any rainbows,   but did catch 3 Walleye not to big. took two home.
all 3 were at 30 feet  in 45 to 65 feet deep  water.  got one on a dodger and a squid with a worm on.
  I was fishing any where between on top to down 45 feet.
water temp top was 68 down 30 feet it was 67 deg.   my speed was 1.5 to 2.2 mph    

left a 11 am  maybe about 6 boats fishing  and 10 power boats  not to bad.   first power boat showed up at 8:30 

I think that is the first time in my life I have never got a rainbow at deer creek.
had my 80th birthday party Sat.     still kicking but the wife is not doing so good.

Hope you had an awesome birthday Robert. I sent you a PM right when you posted this I guess. Good to hear all is well with you, sorry to hear about your wife getting worse but at least she is still able to get out with her. That's crazy you were catching walleye with koke or trout setups.
Happy 80th. A few Walleye vs Bows sounds good for the fryer but I am really suprised a few bows did not grab hold
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Welcome to the growing BFT "Octo" club.  I arrived just ahead of you...in July...but there are several others who got there before me.

I was also surprised and a bit disappointed a couple of weeks ago when I couldn't find even one rainbow at Deer Creek either.  Like yourself, I think that was about the first time ever that I have failed to catch even one...when I was actually trying for them.  They were really abundant earlier in the year and I'm sure they will come on strong again in a few weeks...when the water drops a bit in temp.

Sorry about your wife.  Hope you are still able to get out with her some more in the future.
Robert
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY FISHING, TIGHT LINES
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Im hoping to go up there this weekend, but Im worried about the power crew with the weather still hanging in the 80's, may be worth the drive to Strawberry instead. Surprising to hear you caught walleyes using trout methods, I'd have no complaints catching a few walleyes though! Happy birthday.