Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad news for Idaho fisheries and waterways
https://agri.idaho.gov/main/isda-confirm...ake-river/

This is not good news at all and since they was found in the Snake river, they could spread everywhere along the river Sad
(09-20-2023, 12:05 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: https://agri.idaho.gov/main/isda-confirm...ake-river/

This is not good news at all and since they was found in the Snake river, they could spread everywhere along the river Sad

Wiper, I know now that the irrigation canal companies are sitting back and just laughing as they were the first in the state that I know of to put in place many many years ago constraints on use and inspection of boats using their waters. I can just hear it now, and I guess as a doubter of these rules and regs for those canal companies, I had to be shown that they were right all along. I guess that now that they are going to be proved right, an inspection every time that a watercraft enters their waterways was/is worth all the hassle that they went through. I for one hate to drive an extra hour to and from Preston where I normally could have been on the water by it all being said and done, I wont complain now about having to drive to Franklin and get inspected to fish on those bodies of water. I may still have issues with how much they are charging to launch to use the waters, but, I guess it's going to be worth it instead of having potential for this crap to inundate our waters down that way, I think it will or may be the last of waters if the State cant get this stopped in it's tracks.

So, with that said, come on watercraft users, everyone pitch in and do your best to help stop this crap in it's tracks. Then we can FISH ON Smile
Devastating news. Odds were it was bound to happen but still . . .
That said, any of these infestations can be moved by waterfowl as well so . . .
I just wasn't sure if there was any mussel infestations on the West coast or if the only source was Powell or Mead.
(09-23-2023, 01:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I just wasn't sure if there was any mussel infestations on the West coast or if the only source was Powell or Mead.

They have been found in California.  

New Quagga / Zebra Mussel Discoveries in California
(09-24-2023, 01:38 PM)Kent Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 01:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I just wasn't sure if there was any mussel infestations on the West coast or if the only source was Powell or Mead.

They have been found in California.  

New Quagga / Zebra Mussel Discoveries in California

Thanks for the link Kent, looks like Pyramid lake had them in 2016, that's in NV but I believe that is as close as Powell is to the Snake river.