Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank tangling 0 fish 1
I was late getting rolling today. Ran up to Rockport with the Wookie around 10. Not even a single  bite for me but I watched multiple boats getting both perch vertical jigging and trout pulling cowbells.

I checked 4 locations that I can normally get a perch taco from but they were just outside my cast range today. Maybe if I was earlier. Who knows. Bank tangling can get frustrating when you see the pretty floating rigs hauling them in Smile

Later in the afternoon i grabbed Cookie and Buckwheat and took a drive to Willard to watch the perch fest. Enjoyed a good chat with an older gent fishing the docks. He had a nice mess of perch. We tossed in with some cut bait. Picked up some kitty nibbles for dinner for tomorrow. God bless them cats
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(11-05-2023, 03:33 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I was late getting rolling today. Ran up to Rockport with the Wookie around 10. Not even a single  bite for me but I watched multiple boats getting both perch vertical jigging and trout pulling cowbells.

I checked 4 locations that I can normally get a perch taco from but they were just outside my cast range today. Maybe if I was earlier. Who knows. Bank tangling can get frustrating when you see the pretty floating rigs hauling them in Smile

Later in the afternoon i grabbed Cookie and Buckwheat and took a drive to Willard to watch the perch fest. Enjoyed a good chat with an older gent fishing the docks. He had a nice mess of perch. We tossed in with some cut bait. Picked up some kitty nibbles for dinner for tomorrow. God bless them cats

Too bad Rockport didn't treat you better Lance. Great that Willard gave you some tugs. Did that guy fishing that dock at Willard have a red bucket? If so I've seen him out there the last three weeks.
Kinda wondered if maybe the fish would be too far offshore for bank tanglin'.  If ya go again, try rigging a bubble full of water, about 3-4 feet of leader and a worm baited hook.  You can chuck that rig a mile.  Then let it settle until you reach the fish.
(11-05-2023, 05:55 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Kinda wondered if maybe the fish would be too far offshore for bank tanglin'.  If ya go again, try rigging a bubble full of water, about 3-4 feet of leader and a worm baited hook.  You can chuck that rig a mile.  Then let it settle until you reach the fish.

If you fish from shore I would try off the dike by the south marina. Not much boat activity and the fish will get closer to the banks there. Then try a slip bobber with a baited jig set for the right depth.
(11-05-2023, 03:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 03:33 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I was late getting rolling today. Ran up to Rockport with the Wookie around 10. Not even a single  bite for me but I watched multiple boats getting both perch vertical jigging and trout pulling cowbells.

Too bad Rockport didn't treat you better Lance. Great that Willard gave you some tugs. Did that guy fishing that dock at Willard have a red bucket? If so I've seen him out there the last three weeks.

That is him. Red homedepot bucket.

(11-05-2023, 05:55 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Kinda wondered if maybe the fish would be too far offshore for bank tanglin'.  If ya go again, try rigging a bubble full of water, about 3-4 feet of leader and a worm baited hook.  You can chuck that rig a mile.  Then let it settle until you reach the fish.

The joy of bank tangling - Can you cast like a surf fisher. I can do quite a dance when I spin and twirl to get that distance but the pink tutu gets me banned from most state parks
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew