Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECHO TODAY..11-6-23 Last One? Hot and Cold
Hit Echo this morning, trolling from about 0845 to 1130...my buddy's boat..this time he remembered his fish finder, but it couldn't show fish!! And today that was a good thing, as all fish caught were in the upper water column, 0' down to 12'...COLD start, probably mid 30's, clouds all A.M., so temp never warmed up...That was ok, cuz fishing was HOT...especially for a day when solunar fishing charts said 'Poor' day...Not 'seeing' fish on his screen, it took about 15 mins to get our first hits, not far from the launch area...we caught about 15 nice 'bows in this general area, then about 1030 to 1130 we got 10 or more in the middle...overall fast action for quality fish, apparently fattening up for the Winter...5 of mine were caught right on the surface, either accidentally before getting downrigger clip on, or just letting it drag and not even using the downrigger a few times...planer board worked also for me..best there was 1" Kamlooper spoon, in rainbow, w/small nite crawler pc...my downrigger set, best was pink/silver flash squid w/pink garlic flavored maggots...I woulda been duck hunting...glad my buddy called and changed my plan...Guluk..
congrats that sounds like a fun trip... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Sounds like a great day Joe, even with the clouds and cool temps. About how long were these bows? I know my last trip there we were catching 10 to 12 inchers but not much bigger.
Was it windy. I was going to dump my painting class and fish Echo yesterday too, but the weather reports said it was going to be windy. I put my bass boat away for the winter and all I have now is my little pontoon boat. So, I watch the wind reports. I've caught some nice Bows in Echo this year.
Lots of 12 to 14"ers, all released...all kept were 15 to 19"...only lite breeze early on, heavier as we were boating back to ramp, then fairly calm when driving away...it'd be great for the ice season if there were some decent perch here this year..
(11-10-2023, 04:46 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Lots of 12 to 14"ers, all released...all kept were 15 to 19"...only lite breeze early on, heavier as we were boating back to ramp, then fairly calm when driving away...it'd be great for the ice season if there were some decent perch here this year..

That's good sized trout. I'm sure the perch are there it's just a matter of finding them and how far do you need to travel to find them.
(11-10-2023, 03:52 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That's good sized trout. I'm sure the perch are there it's just a matter of finding them and how far do you need to travel to find them.
Curt,

If you have a snowdog, it doesn't matter how far you need to travel.  ??
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(11-10-2023, 07:00 PM)dubob Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 03:52 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That's good sized trout. I'm sure the perch are there it's just a matter of finding them and how far do you need to travel to find them.
Curt,

LOL but not everyone had a snowdog Bob. I could be wrong but I don't believe Joe has one, at least he hasn't mentioned it before.
(11-10-2023, 10:57 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 07:00 PM)dubob Wrote:
Curt,

LOL but not everyone had a snowdog Bob. I could be wrong but I don't believe Joe has one, at least he hasn't mentioned it before.
Joe doesn't have one.  BUT - he's been towed out a couple of times by mine.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."