Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Challenge 23/24
Is everyone burned out on contests? or do you look forward to the next one?  As for me, I'm always excited for the ice challenge, it's my favorite, but I like to ice fish, and it helps me stay out of a rut of doing the same thing too many weeks in a row...  I love trying all the different types of ice fishing and it's fun to have a motivation that gets me to chase burbot, lakers, perch, bows and etc... Anyway long intro, but I visited with Ron about doing the ice challenge again for us and I twisted his arm hard enough that he is going to do it for us again this year... Anyway Ron will put out the details, but I was too excited and couldn't wait so I had to throw out a little kick off post...  Not sure when we'll kick things off, I know some of you are already catching fish through the hard deck, but it's not too common yet. I suspect somewhere between the 15th of November and the first of December we'll kick it off... We didn't think there would be many if any changes to the rules, so if you've played before, it's about the same... Hope you'll give it a try, even if you're not going to go crazy after it, just sign up for free and when you catch some fish take a picture and enter it... With the contest format, you can be the one that makes it interesting for all the rest since each entry will effect others overall scores... We really seen this through the summer challenges, where a couple random entries put the top two in different positions.. So if you just like messing with those that take it serious, this is the contest for you, look at the scores and catch something in a bracket that will bounce the scores around...  I shouldn't say that because it will make the strategy a little more difficult, but it will make the watching a lot more entertaining...  Anyway think ice and stay safe this winter... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Not my thing Jeff, but my best to those of you that it is your thing.  Hope to see you on the ice.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Hey Bob, looking forward to seeing you... Hope it will be a great year for us... If not be a good time to catch up on hunting stories... Good luck with that... Jeff
I'm with Bob on this, I favor an ice cube in my drink, not to sit on one.  Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I think Bob meant that contests are not his thing. But he certainly does ice fish.
Yup I'll second Rocky's comment, Bob does a lot of ice fishing, when he's not chasing ducks and geese... Later J
(11-08-2023, 02:48 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I think Bob meant that contests are not his thing. But he certainly does ice fish.
Bingo!  Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."