Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho reports that walleye are a challenge
Interesting read about the challenges of managing walleye.

https://tinyurl.com/yx7ysth2
Thanks for the information.

They must not want to produce sterile walleye to satisfy the anglers. Rolleyes
(11-07-2023, 07:01 PM)gofish435 Wrote: Thanks for the information.

They must not want to produce sterile walleye to satisfy the anglers. Rolleyes
Agreed. There is little doubt that eyes are tough to manage but I think Utah has make the best of a bad situation when eyes are illegally introduced.
Pretty good read, bit of misinformation in it though. A lot has to do with everyone thinking that all waters in the west need to be blue ribbon trout streams.
As a former Midwestern I'm comfortable saying if trout could survive in the lakes there walleye would not be so "prized". I fished walleye for over 30 years and I enjoy a good walleye fish fry but trout fight harder and are great table fare as well. To put a little more perspective on it one of the most anticipated fishing days in the Minneapolis area was when trout were stocked in the only area lake that could support them. Small spring feed deep little lake that would be wall to wall boats for a month. Given a choice between a day fishing for eyes or trout I'd pick trout.
Well, that's an opinion.

The West worships at the altar of the Great God Salmonidae, I grant you. But lots of us prefer a different religion.
Lol, trout unlimited has lots to say about what happens out here, although fun to catch, but not that great eating.