Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Method of Raising Tiger Muskies
DWR LINK

In the most recent DWR newsletter there is an informative piece on the tiger muskie program.  In addition to info on their improved methods for raising them they posted a list of some of the places tigers are being planted.  From the article:

Tiger muskie populations are thriving at several waterbodies across Utah, including:
  • Cottonwood Reservoir
  • Joes Valley Reservoir
  • Newton Reservoir
  • Pineview Reservoir
  • Scofield Reservoir
  • Yuba Reservoir
Tiger muskies have also recently been stocked in a few high mountain lakes, including Donkey Lake in the Boulder Mountains, as well as Brown Duck Lake, Angel Lake, Dry Fork Twin and Lakeshore Lake in the Uinta Mountains.

They can save their money at Pineview. It isn't even accessible to boaters for almost half the year, and when it is, it is shore-to-shore wakeboats and skiers.

Q: When the DWR goes there to check on things, do they have to pay $20 to launch?
(11-12-2023, 05:52 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Q: When the DWR goes there to check on things, do they have to pay $20 to launch?
Probably not!  But Disabled Veterans, that were promised free entry into National facilities (with a couple of exceptions), are robed of that benefit because some ***wipe in Congress decided it would be better to have concessionaires run some Federal properties and they should be able to maximize their profits by charging obscene access fees to one and all regardless of Access Pass holder rights to free entrance and day use.   Angry
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Hi, Jack!
(11-12-2023, 08:40 PM)dubob Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 05:52 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Q: When the DWR goes there to check on things, do they have to pay $20 to launch?
Probably not!  But Disabled Veterans, that were promised free entry into National facilities (with a couple of exceptions), are robed of that benefit because some ***wipe in Congress decided it would be better to have concessionaires run some Federal properties and they should be able to maximize their profits by charging obscene access fees to one and all regardless of Access Pass holder rights to free entrance and day use.   Angry

I will not go there because of this very reason.
(11-12-2023, 09:05 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Hi, Jack!

Big Grin
(11-13-2023, 03:41 AM)gofish435 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 09:05 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Hi, Jack!

Big Grin

+1
I haven't fished either Pineview or Strawberry/Soldier Creek in almost 40 years due to the excessive fees that are charged. I have consistently advocated that both these waters be taken by the State and out of Federal control. Enforcement on Pineview is a joke. There are more accidents there than any other water in the State. The only thing I miss out on is having a wake boat cut between me and the bank I am fishing, getting blasted by ungodly music at ear splitting levels, and to many jet skis. Oh, maybe some crappie fishing. Other than that, I miss nothing. We should mount a campaign with our Congressional Delegation to have both of these waters put under State Control.