Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokes at Smith and Moorehouse
Plan was to hit Rockport again Saturday. Drove up but people in each of the spots I wanted to hit. So, kept driving up to Smith and Morehouse to check ice. No ice so I tied on a fly and bubble to see if I could get some grayling. Nope but lots of Rainbows were willing to play. Then I caught some kokes from the shore. Released them carefully. I did not know SandM had kokes but they do and they are doing well.i was not trying to catch the kokes they were hitting my rainbow set up. Very cold. Ice is not far off there but until then some great shore fishing possible

Video link below. Quality is poor as I left my gopro home and only had a little car tripod for my phone. But a good shot of the second koke.

https://youtu.be/n6oqihUepxg?si=kGSrPiTOTZUCajUj

Cheers
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Nicely done..I appreciate your video reports..good dog..
Cool video. Thanks for sharing!

How'd those Koke's fight in the cold water?
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
I'd have to look up the dates that they planted the Kokes but they only did it for 3 years and then stopped. So the ones you catch now might be from natural reproduction.
(11-13-2023, 03:59 PM)Joe_Dizzy Wrote: Cool video. Thanks for sharing!

How'd those Koke's fight in the cold water?

So So. They were not huge - maybe 14-16 inches.  More of a drag in the cold water than a real tussle. Plus them spawning likey had them worn out

(11-13-2023, 11:27 PM)lovetofish Wrote: I'd have to look up the dates that they planted the Kokes but they only did it for 3 years and then stopped. So the ones you catch now might be from natural reproduction.

Seems to be a good stable breeding population. Once the wind died down i could see a fair number moving around

(11-13-2023, 05:03 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Nicely done..I appreciate your video reports..good dog..

The wookie sure loves his fishing
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(11-13-2023, 11:27 PM)lovetofish Wrote: I'd have to look up the dates that they planted the Kokes but they only did it for 3 years and then stopped. So the ones you catch now might be from natural reproduction.

I think you're right. They stopped in 2018 IIRC.

They planted Splake in there last year though... they'll eat those Kokes.
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
Here's the stocking for Smith and Morehouse over the last 12 years. Must be some decent natural reproduction for the kokes because they haven't been planted since 2018.

[Image: SM-Stocking.png]