Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Today, 11-14-23..OK, 1 More Time
My boat needed 1 last trip...here at Echo recently in my buddy's boat, we had high activity for quality 'bows each time, so I needed to take one of my other buddies since he was ill for a while..we started trolling later, about 1000, because of how cold and windy it was yesterday morning there, and I didn't want this buddy in those conditions..SO..it was warmer today, but windy to start (1 hour)..then very pleasant and calm (almost an hour)..then Big Change..sudden wind slammed us 1145, so we immediately fought the sudden white caps back to the ramp, happy with 2 very good hours of fishing, and very happy to get out of there safely..We caught fish again, missed a few, released 7 or 8, brought a nice limit home..I clean, fillet, donate mine to others close by that enjoy and appreciate the fish..surprisingly, a DNR agent was there waiting for us as we pulled up to the ramp..nice guy, but he did check everything...boat cleaned out today, 3 layers of cover going on tomorrow, ready for Winter...Bring on the ice...Guluk...
(11-15-2023, 05:07 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: My boat needed 1 last trip...here at Echo recently in my buddy's boat, we had high activity for quality 'bows each time, so I needed to take one of my other buddies since he was ill for a while..we started trolling later, about 1000, because of how cold and windy it was yesterday morning there, and I didn't want this buddy in those conditions..SO..it was warmer today, but windy to start (1 hour)..then very pleasant and calm (almost an hour)..then Big Change..sudden wind slammed us 1145, so we immediately fought the sudden white caps back to the ramp, happy with 2 very good hours of fishing, and very happy to get out of there safely..We caught fish again, missed a few, released 7 or 8, brought a nice limit home..I clean, fillet, donate mine to others close by that enjoy and appreciate the fish..surprisingly, a DNR agent was there waiting for us as we pulled up to the ramp..nice guy, but he did check everything...boat cleaned out today, 3 layers of cover going on tomorrow, ready for Winter...Bring on the ice...Guluk...
Wow, you guys did good for such a short amount of time on the water. What lures worked the best for you guys?
Hey Curtis...good presentations similar to my last 3 outings here...planer board set: 30/70', with smallest rainbow Kamlooper spoon/pc nite crawler, 3/8 oz wgt....DR set: 110', 8 to 11' down, 4" silver dodger, rainbow 'flashassin' or custom pink metallic squid with garlic flavored pink maggots...
(11-15-2023, 06:17 PM)Jmorfish Wrote: Hey Curtis...good presentations similar to my last 3 outings here...planer board set: 30/70', with smallest rainbow Kamlooper spoon/pc nite crawler, 3/8 oz wgt....DR set: 110', 8 to 11' down, 4" silver dodger, rainbow 'flashassin' or custom pink metallic squid with garlic flavored pink maggots...

Thanks Joe, did the lure tipped with a piece of crawler work better than the lures tipped with maggots?
No..overall the maggots on squid perform better than crawler on spoon or crankbait, but it's more fun to change up the presentation once in a while, retire the hot lure for the day....but proper size/color spoon or crankbait definitely works with crawler pc...