Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to hibernate
I have clearly missed my chance for one last fishing trip this year. Time to curl up and go into torpor until Spring. I hope to be more mobile by then, allowing me more chances. Until then...G'night.
I'm also done for the winter. I can busy myself with small boat projects. My 2023 fishing season was mostly in recovery, so hoping for a better future next year.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Here's hoping you both have a restful hibernation.  I've got a couple of hunting adventures planed for next week and in January; ducks, geese, and sandhill cranes.  And then there's the winter search for the ever-illusive yellow perch.  So, no, I'm not joining you this winter.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I was going to go this past Wednesday for the last time but didn't make it. It was going to be my last time for the year. I've already winterized my Bass Tracker for the year, so I've been using my SeaEagle pontoon boat. Since looking at the 10-day weather report if doesn't look very promising. So today I let the air out of the of my boat. I haven't ice fished for a number of years. I'm done for the year too. 

Happy Holidays everyone.

[Image: IMG-2122-Copy.jpg]
I was done this year before I ever got started due to a COPD diagnosis. haven't had the air to do much of anything.  It has been improved slightly. We will see what the spring brings I guess. Til then hope yalls ice fishing season is great.
I'm sorry, as long as there is soft water to be had, me and my float tube do not hibernate.   Big Grin

The weather forecast for the near future is looking grim for open water though. Sad
(11-25-2023, 03:10 PM)dubob Wrote: Here's hoping you both have a restful hibernation.  I've got a couple of hunting adventures planed for next week and in January; ducks, geese, and sandhill cranes.  And then there's the winter search for the ever-illusive yellow perch.  So, no, I'm not joining you this winter.   Big Grin

Hey Bob, there was a time I did my share of hunting ducks, geese, grouse, pheasant, quail, dove, squirrel, rabbit, and deer. My knees gave out on me which is why I no longer venture on those long trails. I hung up my guns after the 2010 season. Fishing was the sport I clung to my whole life, and as I aged it was the only rest my knees would get.  
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Ì am also done until spring up but in January I will  be in the gulf for a few weeks always  look forward to going back home. ?
I haven't started yet this year, don't be telling me it's over... Man this year just hasn't been good to my fishing habit, hope next year is much better... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(11-27-2023, 02:51 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: I haven't started yet this year, don't be telling me it's over... Man this year just hasn't been good to my fishing habit, hope next year is much better... Later Jeff

AMEN
Harrisville UT
Yup. It has been just over a year since my L4/L5 disc ruptured. Surgery was in Feb. Told myself I was fine to go fishing three or four times. Waves and pounding boat rides proved me wrong. Hoping for a better 2024.
(11-28-2023, 04:06 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Yup. It has been just over a year since my L4/L5 disc ruptured. Surgery was in Feb. Told myself I was fine to go fishing three or four times. Waves and pounding boat rides proved me wrong. Hoping for a better 2024.

Sorry to hear that turned out to be so serious and debilitating...long term.  Hoping you can mend well enough over the cold months to be able to get back on the water.

I'm not qualified to impart blessings but anyway "dominoes nabisco"...or however that goes.

I have my own issues but thankfully my back and knees are holding up well enough to launch  in my inflatable.  I'm gonna keep on keepin' on until I can't.

EXISTING IS NOT LIVING.  I'M GONNA LIVE 'TIL I DIE.  IF IT'S LIVING THAT KILLS ME...SO BE IT.
Doc said it would take up to a year for the sciatic nerve in my right leg to come back to something near normal. That leg still feels just "dead" when I walk. Mid-Feb is a year since surgery. The issue is that it was three months between rupture and surgery, meaning that nerve was pinched off long enough to be seriously damaged. Things are better; pain is tolerable, I no longer get stabbing sensations (neuropathy), and I can walk with a limp for up to a half mile. Only use a cane on the bad days.

Hey, I'm still breathing.
(11-25-2023, 02:35 PM)Bduck Wrote: I'm also done for the winter. I can busy myself with small boat projects. My 2023 fishing season was mostly in recovery, so hoping for a better future next year.

I just got back from a crane hunting trip to Texas, most of the cranes were greater cranes and not the smaller ones we took a few years ago near Lubbock. Have our annual Wy goose hunting trip coming up Dec 15th. Then a late Utah cow Elk Hunting trip in Mid Jan. Last trip will be a snow goose trip in Neb. first week of Mar. Crestliner has been winterized and put in storage until april. Due to medical conditions I havent been able to ice fish for the past couple seasons.