Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it Ice Yet???
So yesterday after I did my chores I had noticed my irrigation pond had been frozen over for 2-3 days and hadn't melted out during the day and since it was 10 degrees over night I started to wonder if the ice would hold me.... I also had been breaking 1-2" of ice out of my water tank the last two days for the animals.... So like the dumb kid I am, I started to walk out on the ice without my spud to check.... Well I figured I'd break through like I always do each year on my first ice check, well it didn't break and didn't even crack... Now being the chicken that I am, I only went out far enough that I would have gotten a wet foot if I went through, but I think it looks like the ice might hold... Going to take the spud today to find out how thick it really is, but it might be ice soon on some of the shallow water bodies... Can't believe it's ice and I still haven't gotten my boat back out on the water... One thing after another this year.... That truck replacement is going to be the final straw that may prevent my boat fishing.... Man I wish I could come up with $62K.... found the truck I love, but without spending my retirement it's out of my reach.... may have to settle with one that has over 100K miles on it, so I can hope to pay for it in this life...  Need to decide so I can go fishing... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Jeff, wishing you a quick transition between a nice day and an ice day.

Prices on trucks are dropping faster than December leaves. Time to buy a vehicle is right now, while dealers are having heart attacks about end of year quotas. That holds for used vehicles, too. Shopping for one myself.
(11-28-2023, 04:12 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Jeff, wishing you a quick transition between a nice day and an ice day.

Prices on trucks are dropping faster than December leaves. Time to buy a vehicle is right now, while dealers are having heart attacks about end of year quotas. That holds for used vehicles, too. Shopping for one myself.

Hey Rocky I've noticed that myself, I don't think they are selling much because most of the trucks I have favorites on have all dropped from $500 to $1000 in the last two weeks... However, they were $20k higher to start with so they are still crazy expensive...  Only truck that isn't dropping is the one that I want... guess they know I want that one...  But it needs to drop $10-$15k before I can afford that one... Hope by the end of the year they get motivated enough to give me a good deal, I'd sure like to have something left to retire on... Later Jeff
I don't know if you want a new or used, but the big boom in car prices is about to turn into a landslide as dealers look at $85,000 pickups that have been on their lots for 300 days with no sales. They're writing million dollar a month checks just to cover the loan interest on those vehicles and that can't continue. Incentives will be highest this month as year-end quotas stare them in the face from the manufacturers.

December will be the time to make favorable offers, and the later you wait in the month, the more desperate they're going to be. Just don't wait. Incentives will expire and prices might go back up in Jan/Feb. It'll be worse in Mar/April because of tax refunds.
Thanks Rocky, I waited a little too long on one truck I was watching, it sold yesterday just before I got there to test drive it.. Should have moved quicker on that one... Duramax for $43k.... but it had 115k miles on it, so it wasn't as good of a deal as it sounded like up front... Wonder how much dealers will consider for offers, it's been a seller market and they don't like to drop much on anything I've been looking at... I guess I decide what I can give and make an offer and see if they will take it... This is when you don't want to fall in love with a particular truck or I'll end up paying too much.. Thanks for the news... Jeff
GM says that the UAW strike will cost them $10 billion counting immediate loss and future wages. That cost will absolutely be added to car prices, both new and used. And that's just GM.

Anybody even considering a buy better do it before Jan 2. I am.
Rocky that sounds like a perfect storm to kill the auto industry... interest rates so high no one is buying and yet they will be forced to raise prices even higher... Don't think that will sell many more cars... Maybe we better get one so we have wheels to carry us through this down turn... Not a good time for the economy that's for sure... Later J