Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News Flash 11/30/23
So I've been kicking around this idea for awhile and still haven't figure out exactly how to do this, but seems like it would be nice to have a section that passes on the current conditions that would be relevant to our readership.

I'm not a great writer or organizer, but if we could find someone on the board that is good at doing this, I'd like to see a section that incorporates the latest news in case someone doesn't have time to read all the posts but wants to find out what is happening in a quick readers digest type version.. For example see below and let me know what you think...

Cowboy Pirate and Cookie report Mirror Lake Highway will be closed this weekend, don't be caught in there when they lock the gates, unless you want to leave your rig there all winter.

Rumors have it Henry's lake is ice fishing now (2-5" of ice), but I don't have any specific reports on catching... friends going on Saturday.... Henry's early ice is always very nice.... 

Pat reported water temps at Willard are 38 degrees in the south marina, few fish biting... ice isn't too far off get your last boat trips in...

Or if you're a boat guy still looking for a place to float the boat, the White Fish spawn at Bear Lake is getting very near.  Fun spot to cast your jigs and get some good solid tugs...  No reports yet, but tis the season and we expect it anytime now... The weekend snowstorm may mask a kick off report... Maybe Scott or Mike can report if fish are being caught yet...

Some good info has been shared on Lithium batteries for boat trolling motors, appreciate all that helped educate me on them... PS... prices have dropped to the less painful level. $240 range..

Seeing lots of cool ice fishing toys being put together and readied for the season, would be cool if some of you would post your new set ups so all can enjoy... I totally love seeing the creativity that comes together putting these set ups out...

So far Brett is the only one to enter some fish in the ice challenge, a nice trout mix to start off his 30 species year...  Well he didn't say that, but he really does a great job at finding tons of great fish... Sign up if you enjoy the ice challenge, it's pretty fun, even if we have small to no prizes...

Well that's about all the BS I have time to spill, have a great day... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Extra Extra,
Jim had a great report on a Strawberry trip last weekend, lots of catching and fun conditions....  See his post under Black Saturday..
I think we found our someone. You nailed it Jeff! Great summary...
"...I'd like to see a section that incorporates the latest news in case someone doesn't have time to read all the posts but wants to find out what is happening in a quick readers digest type version."

Jeff, sorry, but I don't see the need. There aren't enough posts on BFT, these days, that prevent someone from reading them all in just a few minutes. Maybe, I am a super-fast reader, but I have never been accused of being one.
I think I agree with Kent...I can usually pick out what post I'd like to read completely, just skim through, or pass on...
(11-30-2023, 11:57 PM)hookngrinin Wrote: I think we found our someone. You nailed it Jeff!  Great summary...

Thanks Ron, was this useful or am I just wasting everyone's time??? Kent is correct, it doesn't take too long to read the current posts, but sometimes they don't include anything about what is currently going on like the whitefish run, ice on different lakes and etc... I have a hard time staying up with everything that is going on, so it would be good if others know of something that they could add it to the report, then this might be valuable... Maybe we'll try it on and off and see if its worthwhile... later jeff

(12-01-2023, 01:06 AM)Kent Wrote: "...I'd like to see a section that incorporates the latest news in case someone doesn't have time to read all the posts but wants to find out what is happening in a quick readers digest type version."

Jeff, sorry, but I don't see the need.  There aren't enough posts on BFT, these days, that prevent someone from reading them all in just a few minutes.  Maybe, I am a super-fast reader, but I have never been accused of being one.

I agree there isn't much for posts lately so it doesn't take too long, but would there be value to the other tidbits of what's going on that hasn't been posted? If it's not useful, it's sure easier not to do it... Later Jeff

(12-01-2023, 04:51 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: I think I agree with Kent...I can usually pick out what post I'd like to read completely, just skim through, or pass on...

Maybe I'm just wasting time then... thanks for the thoughts... Jeff
OK Jeff, I added a new board and posted some DWR info about lakes and fishing tips for those lakes. We can change the title to what ever you like and you don't have to post highlight but it's here if you want to use it, I will be posting the info that the DWR sends me in an email every month for those that don't get those emails. Here is a link to this new board:
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdis...hp?fid=188
I saw that, WH.

I generally just go to the General section, skim for the lakes I fish and if none are there, log out.

Good effort, and kudos for thinking, however.
(12-02-2023, 07:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: OK Jeff, I added a new board and posted some DWR info about lakes and fishing tips for those lakes. We can change the title to what ever you like and you don't have to post highlight but it's here if you want to use it, I will be posting the info that the DWR sends me in an email every month for those that don't get those emails. Here is a link to this new board:
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdis...hp?fid=188

These emails, from the DWR, used to be a lot more helpful when they actually gave reports.  Now, even for popular places like Strawberry, they give "Seasonal forecasts" for almost 100% of the bodies of water, which, for me, is almost useless.  I exchanged emails, with the powers that be, and they said their biologists were spending too much time gathering the reports and I told them for places like Strawberry they should have plenty of readily available reports to actually give a report.  They agreed and promised to do better, but I haven't seen any changes.