Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield ice yet?
Hey all,

I'm a former frequent poster from many moons ago prior to 2 or 3 "Site revamps" or whatever you want to call it, so my original name (out4trout) wasn't available anymore, thus the new revised name.  A few veterans here may remember me from the 2003-2010 days.  Anyway, not many posts on the board these days, but it's nice to be back.

Hey, does anybody know if Scofield is capped yet?  Even if just in the dam arm?.  If I get a report of ice thickness, I promise to post a report here after my trip.  Thanks in advance.
Yeah, some of us might remember ya.  Hope you and your fambly are doing well.  Here's an old pic of ya on Mantua.
[Image: OUT4-TROUT.jpg]

Sorry.  No ice info on Scofield.  It was still open water fishing a week ago according to one report.  The higher water levels this year have most lakes freezing later...since they are deeper.
(11-30-2023, 10:01 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Yeah, some of us might remember ya.  Hope you and your fambly are doing well.  Here's an old pic of ya on Mantua.

Sorry.  No ice info on Scofield.  It was still open water fishing a week ago according to one report.  The higher water levels this year have most lakes freezing later...since they are deeper.

lol, leave it to Tubedude to have a pic of someone years ago.  Impressive!!   Big Grin
(11-30-2023, 10:01 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Yeah, some of us might remember ya.  Hope you and your fambly are doing well.  Here's an old pic of ya on Mantua.

Haha!  That pic is a blast from the past for sure!  Thanks for that and the always valuable info, Pat.  I always watch the YouTube vids and I'm a subscriber.  Thinking about purchasing a yak in the Spring.  If I do, we have to go on a floating adventure again.

-Geoff.

(12-01-2023, 12:36 AM)Out4troutagain Wrote: [quote pid="1150449" dateline="1701381706"]
Haha!  That pic is a blast from the past for sure!  Thanks for that and the always valuable info, Pat.  I always watch the YouTube vids and I'm a subscriber.  Thinking about purchasing a yak in the Spring.  If I do, we have to go on a floating adventure again.

-Geoff.

[/quote]
Yessir.  I told TubeBabe you had chimed in on the board and she reminded me of the time at Lincoln Beach when we were fishing for catfish.  As we recall, you got "hogtied" around the legs by a rambunctious kitty while in your float tube and we had to rescue you.  Do ya reckymember that?
(11-30-2023, 09:21 PM)Out4troutagain Wrote: Hey all,

I'm a former frequent poster from many moons ago prior to 2 or 3 "Site revamps" or whatever you want to call it, so my original name (out4trout) wasn't available anymore, thus the new revised name.  

If you are interested I can get you back on with your old account?
I have attempted to find an answer to your question, even resorting to checking an ice-fishing forum on Facebook. It is interesting, for lack of a stronger term, that people get offended asking if there is safe ice on a FB ice-fishing forum! Bottom line, I have been unable to find any reliable information.
This was just posted on the Utah ice fishing page

[Image: IMG-7638.png]
Is there any updates on Scofield? I want to try it Saturday but I want to confirm it being safe before I make the drive up.
(12-07-2023, 07:47 PM)Fishpro22 Wrote: Is there any updates on Scofield? I want to try it Saturday but I want to confirm it being safe before I make the drive up.

The reports, on FB, report 3-4" by the dam.
Thanks for the update!
Went by last Saturday and there were people fishing in the dam arm. It was reported that the ice was 2-3" thick that day. Later I heard that several people fell through. They don't have that 4" rule for nothing. It hasn't been real cold up there so I doubt that the ice has gotten much thicker; we wanted to fish there tomorrow to get ready for a tournament we are in there next Saturday, but we don't trust it so we're going elsewhere. I know that's old info so I'll reach out to my source and see if he has a recent report.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Current FB post, "Went to Scofield today by the dam from 10-2. Fishing was hot from 10 tell about 12 then slowed down a bit. Still managed to catch about 40 or so! Ice was 3-4 inches and then open water further out."
(12-08-2023, 02:21 PM)catchinon Wrote: Went by last Saturday and there were people fishing in the dam arm. It was reported that the ice was 2-3" thick that day. Later I heard that several people fell through. They don't have that 4" rule for nothing. It hasn't been real cold up there so I doubt that the ice has gotten much thicker; we wanted to fish there tomorrow to get ready for a tournament we are in there next Saturday, but we don't trust it so we're going elsewhere. I know that's old info so I'll reach out to my source and see if he has a recent report.
Do you know if anywhere else is frozen yet?
(12-09-2023, 03:13 AM)Fishpro22 Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 02:21 PM)catchinon Wrote: Went by last Saturday and there were people fishing in the dam arm. It was reported that the ice was 2-3" thick that day. Later I heard that several people fell through. They don't have that 4" rule for nothing. It hasn't been real cold up there so I doubt that the ice has gotten much thicker; we wanted to fish there tomorrow to get ready for a tournament we are in there next Saturday, but we don't trust it so we're going elsewhere. I know that's old info so I'll reach out to my source and see if he has a recent report.
Do you know if anywhere else is frozen yet?

Mammoth has good safe ice.
(12-01-2023, 12:36 AM)Out4troutagain Wrote:

-Geoff.

Hey I remember that guy! How you been Geoff!! I was with you and Pat that day on Mantua. We caught several bluegill and perch that day, and of course Mr tubedude showed us up by catching more than we greenhorns. Haha
A man needs to believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing!