Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New BFT Members coming
In the next few weeks you will see some new members on BFT. I am launching the High School Fishing club later this week and will encourage (not require) students that join the club also make a login and post an introduction  to BFT along with a recent fishing photo and experience.

I think having them participate in a forum like this will really help them enjoy thier hobby more as you'll embrace, support and mentor them like you have with the CBP crew.

Please note there will be minorty students, and potentially students "at risk" or with learning  or other disabilities. Take that into consideration as you get to know them.

I look forward to you meeting some amazing young men and women.

They are required to conduct themselves in accordance with the school district policy and that would include any interaction here. If I see issues I will deal with it as the club leader and educator.

One question ( probably for Curt) - does the site have age restrictions?  I should know that but can't remember. These students would be 9-12 grade.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(12-03-2023, 04:24 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: In the next few weeks you will see some new members on BFT. I am launching the High School Fishing club later this week and will encourage (not require) students that join the club also make a login and post an introduction  to BFT along with a recent fishing photo and experience.

I think having them participate in a forum like this will really help them enjoy thier hobby more as you'll embrace, support and mentor them like you have with the CBP crew.

Please note there will be minorty students, and potentially students "at risk" or with learning  or other disabilities. Take that into consideration as you get to know them.

I look forward to you meeting some amazing young men and women.

They are required to conduct themselves in accordance with the school district policy and that would include any interaction here. If I see issues I will deal with it as the club leader and educator.

One question ( probably for Curt) - does the site have age restrictions?  I should know that but can't remember. These students would be 9-12 grade.

No age restrictions, that is why we like our members to keep things on the PG side when posting.
Thanks Lance, will be good to have some new blood to tell our old tales to, maybe there will even be someone that I could help... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(12-04-2023, 03:26 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks Lance, will be good to have some new blood to tell our old tales to, maybe there will even be someone that I could help... Later J

Thanks Jeff. I have had a number of offers to help and I plan to take advantage of that. 

One thing that has been on my mind is if I could somehow get a " group" pass to  the state parks or even a "free ride" to bring in a bunch of students. 

I wonder who I should talk to about that -
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Hey Lance, talk to Curt about that, he is in contact with the Willard State Park head fairly often, so I'll bet he has a good contact for you to try... Good luck with him... I think you can take five others in your vehicle with you if you have a pass... So if you need help when I'm available, I could take five plus me in my rig... What do you have in mind of needing to get them into the state park? Are you looking at ice fishing or something else? Later Jeff
(12-05-2023, 01:02 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Lance, talk to Curt about that, he is in contact with the Willard State Park head fairly often, so I'll bet he has a good contact for you to try... Good luck with him... I think you can take five others in your vehicle with you if you have a pass... So if you need help when I'm available, I could take five plus me in my rig... What do you have in mind of needing to get them into the state park?  Are you looking at ice fishing or something else?  Later Jeff

I did have a connection with the Willard park manager but he was fired earlier this year, not sure who is running it now, sorry Jeff. 

I'm sure I can contact someone about this Lance but are you looking for access for a certain number of kids, if so, how many?
OOps, sorry I hadn't heard that... Sorry for him... Later Jeff
(12-05-2023, 07:51 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 01:02 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Lance, talk to Curt about that, he is in contact with the Willard State Park head fairly often, so I'll bet he has a good contact for you to try... Good luck with him... I think you can take five others in your vehicle with you if you have a pass... So if you need help when I'm available, I could take five plus me in my rig... What do you have in mind of needing to get them into the state park?  Are you looking at ice fishing or something else?  Later Jeff

I did have a connection with the Willard park manager but he was fired earlier this year, not sure who is running it now, sorry Jeff. 

I'm sure I can contact someone about this Lance but are you looking for access for a certain number of kids, if so, how many?

Curt / Jeff

We have our first club meeting Thur so I will have a better feel after that about numbers and intrest. I currently have 25 who signed up but would be suprised if that many really show up. But yes they want to go ice fishing so RP/ Echo/ EC/LC/PV would be close so likey one of them.
(12-05-2023, 08:55 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: OOps, sorry I hadn't heard that... Sorry for him... Later Jeff

From what I heard, he wasn't doing his job but he was the one that ended our BFT wiper tournaments. He required us to have a million dollar insurance policy, so that put an end to that tournaments.
Oh so maybe Karma caught up with him. Later Jeff