Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel used in your boat
This is a topic that has been discussed, since winter is here our boats go into longer term storage in our state. I run non-ethanol gas which is preferred. The additive used in my boat gas is made by Lucas oil, mainly for keeping pumps, injectors, carbs cleaned & lubricated. My main motor has injectors which I do nothing to winterize it, but kicker is carbureted and after every use I pull fuel line to run motor until it quits. Don't like to leave gas in carb while sitting around. Never had issue with bad gas, boat is stored in my garage which helps with a more stable atmosphere. I have used both of these treatments with good results, the marine blend is newer which I have been using 4yrs now. Rarely have used any stabile products or any other product and feel not necessary. My tank is a 62gal plastic tank, there would be more of a concern if it were metal.

[Image: Lucas-Oil-Treatment.jpg]

This a good video explaining ethanol gas & moisture conditions
What Fuel Do YOU Put In YOUR Boat? (youtube.com)
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Great video, thanks for sharing.
Strictly non-eth gas in mine. I add Sea Foam to every tank, and for winter, also add Sta-Bil. I also make sure the tank is full and the vent cap is closed for storage so there's very little air and no new humid air can get in.

I used the boat so little this year that the gas in it will be over a year old when I next run it. All I can do is cross my fingers.
Ethanol free gas in mine. I add Sea Foam to every tank and add Sta-Bil at the end of the season, like right now, same as Rocky.
Ethanol free and Sta-Bil. Change the fuel/water separators once a year, and try to keep the tanks as full as possible to reduce any potential for condensation.
Could I add, with the kicker motor. After I pulled the fuel line and run it out, there is still gas in the carburetor bowl. I pull the choke out and pull start it till i'm tired (just about). It always starts again when I pull out the choke.
I use yamaha fuel stabilizer and sta-bil marine(blue) if I get lucky enough to fuel up during the summer.
I too have a 60 gal tank. blessing and a curse!
This year I pulled my fuel line from the motor and pumped all gas out of my tank. (first year ever) usually get it low enough.
I don't sleep during winter months wondering about bad gas.
I also add non alcohol octane boost in the spring, to pump up the octane of that full fuel tank I put in during the fall.