Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chesterfield
Looking to make a first time run at Chesterfield this weekend and wondering if there’s anything that would be good to know about making the trip. Mostly what road conditions to expect. Also would love any tips for the fishing. We’ve got that itch to fish and Chesterfield seems to be the closest water with ice for us.
(12-12-2023, 06:13 AM)Royal_Coachman Wrote: Looking to make a first time run at Chesterfield this weekend and wondering if there’s anything that would be good to know about making the trip. Mostly what road conditions to expect. Also would love any tips for the fishing. We’ve got that itch to fish and Chesterfield seems to be the closest water with ice for us.

Haven't heard any info on Chesterfield but in years past it usually starts freezing by now, have you heard any first hand info? Normal trout gear usually work there. If you make it up there, we would love to hear how you do.
(12-12-2023, 05:17 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 06:13 AM)Royal_Coachman Wrote: Looking to make a first time run at Chesterfield this weekend and wondering if there’s anything that would be good to know about making the trip. Mostly what road conditions to expect. Also would love any tips for the fishing. We’ve got that itch to fish and Chesterfield seems to be the closest water with ice for us.

Haven't heard any info on Chesterfield but in years past it usually starts freezing by now, have you heard any first hand info? Normal trout gear usually work there. If you make it up there, we would love to hear how you do.

I’ve seen a couple different posts on Facebook pages saying there’s a solid five inches and the fishing this past weekend was good. Will definitely post a report if we make it up there.
(12-12-2023, 08:34 PM)Royal_Coachman Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 05:17 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I’ve seen a couple different posts on Facebook pages saying there’s a solid five inches and the fishing this past weekend was good. Will definitely post a report if we make it up there.

I have also seen reports of good ice. Hope they are correct and you get into some of the hogs that cruise the waters up there.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I do well with anything white and orange with meal worm. Stay shallow. Don’t go past 10-12’ deep. That’s my experience. Bite is early and usually over by 10-11am. That’s my advice
Heard a few in that area are locked up, but didn't specify what ones
Me and Shawn, Obifishkinobi fished it today, my second trip. Lots of people, very few fish. Shawn did catch a little rainbow, but with three of us, and lots of poles, out that was it. I only saw two little fish on my fish finder all day. We tried 8 foot deep to 14 feet. All the many people fishing around us and we only saw two other small fish caught.

Orange has always been my goto color for Chesterfield. But last week me and Dan were getting skunked after several hours using orange and white. And we saw some other people catching them. We asked them as they were leaving and they said pink was the color tipped with worm. So we switched to pink and we did get three 14 inch rainbows. But today nothing worked.
I'd guess since it's one of the few with ice it's getting hit pretty hard, probably the reason for the tight lipped fish. How much ice is there.