Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
Was wondering if anyone has an ice report for Fish Lake? Thanks
I have seen no reports but since it ices over very late I am pretty confident that there are no cubes floating on that drink.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Larger bodies of water are most likely to freeze later on. Temps needs to be cooler and the wind needs to be calm for the surface to start capping. Choppy waves turns the water over and over again. Fish Lake and Bear Lake are windy large bodies of water that even if the temps are cooler take longer into the season to ice on because of that extreme high winds factors.
we've had very little wind, and temps have been fairly cold -- but I haven't heard any reports yet of Fish Lake being capped. it could happen any day....

There may be some fishable ice at the extreme ends of the lake -- I'll let you know on Tuesday....
(12-26-2023, 06:57 PM)Lazy_bass Wrote: Was wondering if anyone has an ice report for Fish Lake? Thanks

You can call them at the resort, the number is 435-638-1000 but I just called and there is no ice and they have boats on it today.
well....not quite yet. We need some COLD.

Majority of lake is still open water.
Marinas are somewhat frozen, but not enough to try fishing in them.
The north and south ends have ice. People were going out on the south end on Monday (1/1).
We fished the north end 12/29 - 12/31. Ice is sketchy -- 3.5" thick. Pressure ridges and cracks opening up on all sides -- good luck getting off the lake in the afternoon.....
Looks like the temps will be in the minus there for the next week or so. Should be iced over soon!
Called them this morning, they have had a lot of high winds, some ice on the North and south ends. Nothing else
(01-08-2024, 07:51 PM)mattsincrete Wrote: Called them this morning, they have had a lot of high winds, some ice on the North and south ends. Nothing else

Thanks for the update, this is great info to help our readers... Thank you... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!