Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Henry's Lake, Idaho
I fished Henry's Lake on Friday - 10" - 12" good quality ice on the entire lake.  Very Mild winter up North, the day time temp was in the 30F's which is warm for that area this time of year.  
It's been a slow year for me on Henry's.  
The fish numbers are way way way down.  But if you do get one on.  It will for sure be a Big Boy! 

Enjoy the video of our day on the Ice.  

P.S. Tube Dude I still need to come get those Ice Flies.  

https://youtu.be/hec6V6fQzYc?si=Sjk5NL-nSkuaS6bd

Fishing on Henry's
(01-01-2024, 09:28 PM)Justaguywaworm Wrote: I fished Henry's Lake on Friday - 10" - 12" good quality ice on the entire lake.  Very Mild winter up North, the day time temp was in the 30F's which is warm for that area this time of year.  
It's been a slow year for me on Henry's.  
The fish numbers are way way way down.  But if you do get one on.  It will for sure be a Big Boy! 

Enjoy the video of our day on the Ice.  

P.S. Tube Dude I still need to come get those Ice Flies.  

https://youtu.be/hec6V6fQzYc?si=Sjk5NL-nSkuaS6bd

Fishing on Henry's
Silly.  It ain't productive to fly fish through the ice.  Hard to hit those small holes with a fly rod.  You need to get on the back of a snowmobile and troll for them.  

Not sure which ice flies you are referring to.  I make a lot of ultra small jigs and weightless flies for drop shotting.  Send me a pic if you have one..or come by and look at what I have.  I liked your video but couldn't tell which lures you were using.  Congrats on the biggun.  Not so much for the little one at the end.
Hey I guess I can look this up, but do you know if they are keeping Henry’s open for ice fishing after the first of January like they did last year? If it closed today I’ll have to be smarter next fall and get up there earlier. Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Henry's is Open Until February 15th - Limit 2

After the 15th of February it is catch and release only until Opening Weekend which is the Saturday before Memorial weekend.

The fishing is slow, but if you catch one they are big.
(01-03-2024, 03:48 AM)Justaguywaworm Wrote: Henry's is Open Until February 15th - Limit 2

After the 15th of February it is catch and release only until Opening Weekend which is the Saturday before Memorial weekend. 

The fishing is slow,  but if you catch one they are big.

Thanks for the info... Did you launch from the county dock? (if you don't mind mentioning)  Looks like you were quite a ways out on the pond... Did you have a wheeler or snowmobile to get that far out, or did I just miss the northwest perspective... I usually find more brookies in that northern part of the lake... Aren't those fish gorgeous out of that pond?  I mean the brookies are washed out, but the cutties are incredible... Congrats on a fun trip... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!