Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Report with Student Angler Club
Took the NS student angler club to Rockport Friday and Saturday morning. Had about 10 students out of 38 that were able to come.

Fished from 8-1 both days in multiple locations along the east shoreline. Nice weather. Slight occasion breeze. Some skim ice formed and the breeze pushed it in and around areas we fished. Both Echo and RP have this skim ice so they should cap soon.

Had my castable chirp sonar. Found a lot of cruising rainbows for them to test thier skills with. They had a good time catching them in 8 to 30 ft of water. We tried alot of jigs and bling but most of them were caught with powerbait. Got a  couple over 20 inches. Picked up one very nice brown. 

No perch located, even using my sonar but there were some boats out farther that looked to be having luck vertical jigging.

Here is a video of our first adventure 

https://youtu.be/2knAi6wRacQ?si=aYvc3_-r7Jf5aMEG

[Image: 20231230-085507.jpg]

[Image: 20231230-093310.jpg]

[Image: 20231230-095637.jpg]

[Image: 20231229-092519.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Man wish my HS would have had such a club... lucky kids... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
That's a pretty good number to show up on the first outing, nice brown too.
Cowboy-Pirate, you are a true Fish'n Super-Hero! Keep on Fish-on doing your thang Exclamation Rolleyes
That's probably about as many kids as you can take at once without additional advisors... fun video, I'll bet they will enjoy that trip over and over... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Appreciate the positive vibes. I enjoyed the adventure.

Looks like our next run will be Jan 20 - hopefully on the ice. Likey RP or Echo
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(01-03-2024, 11:21 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Appreciate the positive vibes. I enjoyed the adventure.

Looks like our next run will be Jan 20 - hopefully on the ice. Likey RP or Echo

Looking a little bit out in the future I would be willing to get your kids out on Willard in my boat in late May and early June to catch Walleye, Wiper and Cats during the prime time and I suspect that some of the other folks on this board would volunteer spots on their boats as well to put together a field day.
I would also volunteer some time for something like that
Thanks for your offers to help. Right now the school admin requested we not use boats for liability reason. Once we have shown that the club is legit and that we are insured through the student anglers foundation i am sure we will be able to add the floating craft experience to our agenda but for a while we will be shore bound. I respect thier request as it was a big leap to start and we will work on building confidence in the club first.