Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mill Hollow?
Anyone care to share road condition and ice thickness?
Fyi: I will not be keeping any fish out of MH, catch and release only.
Thanks!
(01-03-2024, 07:33 PM)MrShane Wrote: Anyone care to share road condition and ice thickness?
Thanks!

I was last there on December 16th. I had to park at the buildings about a mile from the dam and walk in. My truck was getting stuck often before I finally parked. Several other trucks turned around where I parked. Fishing was fast for small trout, it was worth the walk. Ice was 6 inches then. I imagine it is thicker now. There were a few thinner spots in the middle of the lake near the dam, but they were easy to see. We stayed near shore and the ice was solid there.
(01-03-2024, 09:56 PM)lonefisherman Wrote: I was last there on December 16th. I had to park at the buildings about a mile from the dam and walk in. 

That must be a new building, at least it wasn't there before last year. Is it just off the main road?
Thank you LF!
What if a guy wanted to take a snow machine up?
Was the road snow packed immediately off the highway?
Thanks again!
(01-04-2024, 12:18 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-03-2024, 09:56 PM)lonefisherman Wrote: I was last there on December 16th. I had to park at the buildings about a mile from the dam and walk in. 

That must be a new building, at least it wasn't there before last year. Is it just off the main road?

Yes, off the main road. Its been there. It like a forest service building or something. Sorry, I have never really paid attention to what it is.

(01-04-2024, 04:41 AM)MrShane Wrote: Thank you LF!
What if a guy wanted to take a snow machine up?
Was the road snow packed immediately off the highway?
Thanks again!

The dirt road off the highway has been used heavily by snow machines. If I had taken my snow dog I could have saved myself a walk. The highway, SR-35, was open then and is still being reported as open by UDOT.
(01-03-2024, 07:33 PM)MrShane Wrote: Anyone care to share road condition and ice thickness?
Thanks!

I was also there on the 16th. I was lucky and did take my Snowdog. Fast fishing for small multiple types of trout. Did manage a couple 17" tiger. I felt bad for the 2 guys that made it part way in the truck and had to walk. That looked brutal. Ice was good 6" back then. No fish were taken home or harmed.