Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay drive by
Ira and I took a drive up to the North and South marina this morning, hoping to do some ice fishing if the ice was thick enough. In front of the ramp it was open water but the ice looked pretty thick as you head out the channel and the whole lake appeared to be capped. While there, I tried to get a 2024 state parks pass and of course it was closed or at least no one would answer when I knocked on the door of the admin office because it was locked. Next we went to the South marina and the ice looked thick enough to drill a hole, so I went to get my drill, only to find I left it in my truck when Ira and I meet and drove up in Ira's truck. Oh well, maybe next week, when the temps get even colder. Once I got home I got in my car and drove to the Antelope Island causeway and bought my parks pass, at least they were open.
I got mine at Jordanelle about the about December the 15 th. What do you think of the Lender Option on the line under the byer? Go wright up to the main office and get it there.
(01-04-2024, 12:20 AM)catdaddygar Wrote: I got mine at Jordanelle about the about December the 15 th.  What do you think of the Lender Option on the line under the byer?  Go wright up to the main office and get it there.

I didn't know you could buy them for 2024 before the new year, thanks for that info. I did not look at it all that close but I did notice there was two lines for signing. So you can have two people use one tag? Not sure if that is good or bad but I can see how you or one of your kids could use one pass like that.
(01-04-2024, 12:27 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 12:20 AM)catdaddygar Wrote: I got mine at Jordanelle about the about December the 15 th.  What do you think of the Lender Option on the line under the byer?  Go wright up to the main office and get it there.

I didn't know you could buy them for 2024 before the new year, thanks for that info. I did not look at it all that close but I did notice there was two lines for signing. So you can have two people use one tag? Not sure if that is good or bad but I can see how you or one of your kids could use one pass like that.

So, in the past, if you purchased a Senior pass, that senior person needed to be in the boat with you or in the vehicle when you entered the park. This was also the story if you had a pass for some one who is disabled or blind. The person who was able to qualify for the discounted pass needed to be present with you. As i am reading teh previous posts, it sounds like a person can take a senior friend with them, purchase their state parks pass under their senior discount and both parties can use it. Im sure they are smart enough to figure out that thats basically half price, and they are going to loose out on a bunch of $$ if this is true. I think I will be stopping in to the main office in SLC and getting some answers to this.