Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Spike Patrol
Okay  what is the closest to Logan that spikes can be found... Everyone I've checked in Logan doesn't have any until next week sometime... In fact meal worms and wax worms are in low supply as well... I even checked Pets mart and struck out, they are my last resort spot... i guess I haven't called Al's yet, so I'll check there, but  it's looking like a shortage for this weekend... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-05-2024, 07:20 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Okay  what is the closest to Logan that spikes can be found... Everyone I've checked in Logan doesn't have any until next week sometime... In fact meal worms and wax worms are in low supply as well... I even checked Pets mart and struck out, they are my last resort spot... i guess I haven't called Al's yet, so I'll check there, but  it's looking like a shortage for this weekend... Later Jeff

I called the Sinclair in Smithfield, Smithfield Implement and the Hyde Park Maverik.  Only the Sinclair and Hyde Park Mav have worms, nothing else until next week.
I've honestly been having the same luck using Gulp maggots the last few years as I have using the real deal. Might just be me though.

Mike
Checked at the Brigham City WalMart. They did not have spikes but we’re pretty well stocked in everything else.
Thank you Scott and Mike appreciate you checking those spots and the suggestion. I’ve got some gulps just haven’t taken them with me yet. I’ll grab them for tomorrow. Chub did break my skunk, also might be part of the reason I haven’t been catching the fish. See photo. Later Jeff
[Image: IMG-3507.jpg]

(01-06-2024, 01:00 AM)Royal_Coachman Wrote: Checked at the Brigham City WalMart. They did not have spikes but we’re pretty well stocked in everything else.

Thank you very much for checking over there, it would’ve probably been worth a trip over the mountain. Thanks again. Jeff
Last Saturday I picked some up at Riverdale Sportsmans. There were only a few left in their bait refrigerator.
(01-08-2024, 12:32 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: Last Saturday I picked some up at Riverdale Sportsmans. There were only a few left in their bait refrigerator.

Thanks Paul, I hear they are expecting a shipment this week, it will just be a matter of being there before they sell out again... Thanks for your info... Jeff
Anglers Den in Roy had quite a lot in stock when I went in on Friday (1/5).
(01-08-2024, 04:04 PM)JArner Wrote: Anglers Den in Roy had quite a lot in stock when I went in on Friday (1/5).
Thanks for the great tip, are they still just off the interstate by the Roy exit?  I have to work Wednesday on base, so I'll have to stop by on the way home... if I can figure out all the construction detours around there... Thanks for the tip and I hope they last till Wednesday... Later Jeff
(01-08-2024, 06:25 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 04:04 PM)JArner Wrote: Anglers Den in Roy had quite a lot in stock when I went in on Friday (1/5).
Thanks for the great tip, are they still just off the interstate by the Roy exit?  I have to work Wednesday on base, so I'll have to stop by on the way home... if I can figure out all the construction detours around there... Thanks for the tip and I hope they last till Wednesday... Later Jeff

Jeff,  Anglers Den is further over off of 1900 in the Roy Harmons Grocery area. It's the last store on  the north end of that group of stores. They moved over there several years ago.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(01-08-2024, 06:25 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
Anglers Den, is right by Harmon's, you could get off at the Riverdale road exit as well, it's a little closer from that direction.
Thanks Forest and Curt, I know where you're talking about, so I should be able to find it... That will be a lot easier than trying to get through that construction too. Thank you... Jeff
This time of year when the shortages hit, I usually go on Ebay and order. Usually takes only 2 days, which is just as good for me as running all over looking, since I usually fish 1-2 days per week, max.
Maybe I missed the restock this week. As of 1pm this afternoon (1/12)in Logan both Walmarts, Al’s sporting goods, and Sportsman's all do not have spikes in stock.
(01-12-2024, 08:47 PM)Royal_Coachman Wrote: Maybe I missed the restock this week. As of 1pm this afternoon (1/12)in Logan both Walmarts, Al’s sporting goods, and Sportsman's all do not have spikes in stock.

Thanks for the update, I’ve been out of town for a wedding and had a mess with wind damage just before I left so I didn’t get time to go find any yet. Thanks Jeff
Anglers had spikes today for around $7.00 for 100. They have white and red.
(01-17-2024, 01:46 AM)Troutster Wrote: Anglers had spikes today for around $7.00 for 100. They have white and red.

Thank you, unfortunately I didn't make it down to work today, so I won't be able to get them today, but thanks for the tip, they are hard to find this year...  J
South Fork Hardware in Preston has spikes.
(01-17-2024, 04:43 PM)Royal_Coachman Wrote: South Fork Hardware in Preston has spikes.

Thank you very much, also got a tip in Logan today from Alan, so maybe I'll have some good bait for awhile... Thank you very much... Jeff