Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Game on at Pineview
Pineview is mostly capped with 4” of solid clear ice at least off of Windsurfer Beach. I fished in 50’ of water and the Crappie and perch were suspended from the bottom up to about 40’ most of the day. I caught mine on a 1/32oz Gizzy bug tipped with meal worm and my buddy Juma got his on a chartreuse rattle jig tipped with wax worms. Typical pineview crappie light bite had to use the force to detect them even though they where all over the screen I saw several tents near the caretakers house on my way out at sunset.
[Image: 72618116070-67-D62-C7-B-593-A-4-E0-D-B55...CA3-A2.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1766.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1767.jpg]
Thanks for the update! Good to learn there are more areas than Mantua getting safe ice!
Great, thank you, I'm surprise the perch aren't on the bottom.
I think it was me that passed by your tent and asked how you were doing. I should have said. I guess that was Friday afternoon.

I can totally unprepared and I still got a couple of each perch and crappie before the wind blew me off the lake.
It was good to see you out there. I ended the day with 8 in the cooler. Took off around 8pm when my first can of propane ran out. Fishing was too slow to keep me on the water.
Are they charging use fees during the winter now? Haven't ice fished up there for a few years. Thought I saw some mention of that last year on the forums.
(01-08-2024, 09:43 PM)wayno945 Wrote: Are they charging use fees during the winter now? Haven't ice fished up there for a few years. Thought I saw some mention of that last year on the forums.

They change if you take a snow machine onto the lake from Anderson cove, it is the only launch open during the Winter. If you can get on the lake by walking down from the caretakers house or other locations like it around the lake, I don't think you will have to pay.
(01-08-2024, 10:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 09:43 PM)wayno945 Wrote: Are they charging use fees during the winter now? Haven't ice fished up there for a few years. Thought I saw some mention of that last year on the forums.

They change if you take a snow machine onto the lake from Anderson cove, it is the only launch open during the Winter. If you can get on the lake by walking down from the caretakers house or other locations like it around the lake, I don't think you will have to pay.
Pretty sure windsurfer Beach is also free.
(01-08-2024, 10:43 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Windsurfer beach is free and open all winter but is not a good location for accessing the lake with machines but I know some people who have.
What's the parking situation there now?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(01-13-2024, 01:21 AM)catchinon Wrote: What's the parking situation there now?

It is kept open primarily by people driving in there and compacting the snow you should be ok with 4 wheel drive-
(01-13-2024, 02:48 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:

It is kept open primarily by people driving in there and compacting the snow you should be ok with 4 wheel drive-

you need to save your crappie fish heads for me, then if you want. when it stops snowing we can go fish for sturgeon
(01-13-2024, 08:12 PM)liketrolling Wrote:

you need to save your crappie fish heads for me, then if you want. when it stops snowing we can go fish for sturgeon

Do you just want the carcasses after I fillet them, I can vacuum pack and freeze them.
(01-13-2024, 11:23 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 08:12 PM)liketrolling Wrote:

Do you just want the carcasses after I fillet them, I can vacuum pack and freeze them.

all I want is the head but maybe the carcasses with the head on would work.     I know they take the head better than they take the meat