Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Park Annual Day Pass (Senior)
Has anyone else had this problem ? 
  I went on the State Web site for purchasing fishing license, my purchase went through with no problems. On same day  I then shifted over to Park Pass purchase page.  I filled all the required information, used same debit card info I used for  fishing license. I have purchased my fishing license and State Park Pass this way with same debit card for several years with no issues. 
This year, the park pass site rejected my purchase. I thought maybe it was because I tried it on last day or so of December 2023.  
So I waited until 2 Jan 2024.  Same thing. Tried again today, same thing. Tried to use a different credit card, same result. 
I know the cards are not the problem, they both have worked fine on other purchases. And the debit card worked fine for my fishing license.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I couldn't complete my purchase until I put my license plate number in was the only problem I had
I had no issues buying a Parks Pass on 1/1/24. Downloaded the app afterwards to show them my pass electronically. That has also worked without any issues.
I carry a cell phone for emergency use, but having licenses and passes on it might be a good idea. Thanks!
I got mine at Jordanelle main office in December no problem. Now it the boat thing to work my way through.
Good thing it's winter. Can't use my boat until I get a hitch on my new car, can't gate a park pass until I get new license plates and couldn't even renew my boat registration until now because of the new mussel test rules with my registration expiring the end of November. That one month gap messed it up.
(01-07-2024, 04:16 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Good thing it's winter. Can't use my boat until I get a hitch on my new car, can't gate a park pass until I get new license plates and couldn't even renew my boat registration until now because of the new mussel test rules with my registration expiring the end of November. That one month gap messed it up.

Well, thanks to all those that replied to my weird question.  I tried again to get my State Park Pass on-line this morning.  This is the response I got....again.
[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, "Apple Color Emoji", "Segoe UI Emoji", "Segoe UI Symbol"]                           Your payment details couldn’t be verified. Check your card details and try again.[/font]

So, I called the DNR Office in SLC to see if maybe there was something I was missing or a glitch in the system.  
  NO, no glitch as far as they knew, and I hadn't missed anything.  So even though my debit card has worked fine for everything else, I went to my bank branch.  The really nice helpful lady looked through my entire account, and did a couple "test" scans and manual test type ins.  Everything was fine and perfectly functional. 
Sooo... made the trip up to Willard Bay DNR Administrative office.  
Purchased my park pass, and debit card worked fine. Took a whole 5 minutes for entire transaction.  

Got home, completed my 2024 AIS test, paid my $20.00 AIS Boat registration fee (debit card again worked fine) . 

So now good to go when the weather warms up (like maybe in March  Wink )
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(01-07-2024, 04:16 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Good thing it's winter. Can't use my boat until I get a hitch on my new car, can't gate a park pass until I get new license plates and couldn't even renew my boat registration until now because of the new mussel test rules with my registration expiring the end of November. That one month gap messed it up.

Rocky, it sounds like you got a new set of wheels, what did you get and did you get the deal you were looking for?  I probably spent more than I would have needed to if I would have waited until the end of the month, but I got some great Willard trips in earlier in the month that I wouldn't have if I would have waited... Congrats.. Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Jeff, I found a 2020 Toyota Highlander Platinum pearl white gray interior. Got a whopping discount because the first owner put a lot of miles on it. But for a Toyota, that's just well broken in.

Sold my 2008 Highlander (white/gray!) to my daughter because my SIL's car recently got totalled for a very minor fender bender. Gave her the trade-in price.

New ride has more power, gets much better mileage, and has every bell and whistle known to man. Already addicted to heated seats and steering wheel!

My wife also has a 2020 Highlander Platinum but hers is the hybrid. That's our road trip car.
(01-06-2024, 11:19 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Has anyone else had this problem ? 
  I went on the State Web site for purchasing fishing license, my purchase went through with no problems. On same day  I then shifted over to Park Pass purchase page.  I filled all the required information, used same debit card info I used for  fishing license. I have purchased my fishing license and State Park Pass this way with same debit card for several years with no issues. 
This year, the park pass site rejected my purchase. I thought maybe it was because I tried it on last day or so of December 2023.  
So I waited until 2 Jan 2024.  Same thing. Tried again today, same thing. Tried to use a different credit card, same result. 
I know the cards are not the problem, they both have worked fine on other purchases. And the debit card worked fine for my fishing license.

Just paid for my annual park's pass and everything went through fine. Also got my quagga sticker in the mail today. Bring on retirement and spring!
There are some things that the Parks people do that irritate me, but I'm not in a grouchy mood so I'll only say that it is assinine to lock the gates so people can't fish off of the docks. I did, however have a good experience on Jan. 1. I got to the Provo boat harbor to meet my brother for a little fishing and realized that my pass had expired the day before. Figured no one would be working on New Years Day so didn't sweat it. Then my brother told me that the Parks truck had just driven by. I hurried up to talk to the ranger and explain myself. I told him I had come with the hope that I could buy an annual permit there. He said he could meet me in the office in a bit and sell me one. Then I suddenly realized that I didn't have my debit card or enough cash to buy one. He said that was okay as long as I would come and buy one in the next couple of days. That didn't work out because I had to go to Colorado to see my brother who is in the hospital. But I did get there Wednesday, at 3:58. I was just sure they would already be gone or have their till closed and I wouldn't be able to buy one. But a nice friendly guy was there and sold me a permit. They are open MWF from 10-4. And they have those times posted. Used to be that it was a crap shoot as to whether anyone would be there. It's nice to see that they are improving. Now, about fishing on the docks...
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.