Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo and Rockport drive by
Took a drive yesterday to check ice conditions and it wasn't very good floating ice sheets  on both lakes hopefully it won't be long before they are fishable
(01-09-2024, 05:42 PM)Bubman1 Wrote: Took a drive yesterday to check ice conditions and it wasn't very good floating ice sheets  on both lakes hopefully it won't be long before they are fishable

Thanks for the drive by report, with the cold weather and more snow in the forecast, I agree it won't be long. You didn't by chance drive by Lost creek?
I did not look at lost Creek
There are three tents set up on Echo this evening. Right next to the dam. Way to sketchy looking with so much open wster for this cowboy to play but I know there are many who love to shimmy out on the thin ice.

Eylo is that you????
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Anyone else been up to Lost creek lately?
(01-09-2024, 11:48 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Anyone else been up to Lost creek lately?

No, but past experience over the years usually has Lost Creek a couple of weeks behind East Canyon to cap. That can change but with higher/deeper water this year I doubt it is frozen.
I just got a message and photo from one of my students. It was him on Echo.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the report. Was hoping some of the closer lakes to SLC would be frozen by now.
Weather report looks like it might finally get to a point where the ice can build up to a fishable point... Might be a week out, but it looks like enough cold temps that it will build some ice... However, it warms back up, so I hope we get enough to lock it up before the warm returns... Crazy winter for sure... I'd like to get the cold now and not have it wait until March or April, but I guess we'll get what we get... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-10-2024, 01:43 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I just got a message and photo from one of my students. It was him on Echo.

Did they happen to say how thick the ice was?
About 3 where he was fishing but they did say it got thin fast and lots of open water