Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake state park/ marina 11Jan
I braved the long drive from Davis County this morning to try for some white bass. There were only a handful of people fishing the docks. Ice was around 2 inches so we stayed off. There were a hand full of people fishing. We got on the water around 9. We marked a few fish, with fewer very little nibbles. Nothing landed. Of the groups that I talked with binoculars caught anything. We tried Tungsten with waxies, butter worms, and m meal worms. We also tried rattle traps, Berkley gulp alive 1"minnows, and even a Panther Martin with and without waxies. No luck. But it was still better hanging with good dudes than working for the man today.
(01-12-2024, 03:06 AM)jwaite1985 Wrote: I braved the long drive from Davis County this morning to try for some white bass. There were only a handful of people fishing the docks. Ice was around 2 inches so we stayed off. There were a hand full of people fishing. We got on the water around 9. We marked a few fish, with fewer very little nibbles. Nothing landed. Of the groups that I talked with binoculars caught anything. We tried Tungsten with waxies, butter worms, and m meal worms. We also tried rattle traps, Berkley gulp alive 1"minnows, and even a Panther Martin with and without waxies. No luck. But it was still better hanging with good dudes than working for the man today.
My son and I were there from 8 to 10 am. The fish were there, just not hungry, don't know why. We plan on trying again in a few weeks.
Glad to know the ice isn't QUITE safe yet. I want to take my 5yo, but I'll feel better about it when the ice is thick enough.
(01-12-2024, 03:06 AM)jwaite1985 Wrote: I braved the long drive from Davis County this morning to try for some white bass. There were only a handful of people fishing the docks. Ice was around 2 inches so we stayed off. There were a hand full of people fishing. We got on the water around 9. We marked a few fish, with fewer very little nibbles. Nothing landed. Of the groups that I talked with binoculars caught anything. We tried Tungsten with waxies, butter worms, and m meal worms. We also tried rattle traps, Berkley gulp alive 1"minnows, and even a Panther Martin with and without waxies. No luck. But it was still better hanging with good dudes than working for the man today.

It has been hit or missed at the state park marina.  I've seen guys using spikes and catching white bass.   You may want to try AF boat harbor too next time you're down this way.  I will try the state park marina this weekend and post a report.
(01-12-2024, 01:13 PM)hook_sets Wrote:

It has been hit or missed at the state park marina.  I've seen guys using spikes and catching white bass.   You may want to try AF boat harbor too next time you're down this way.  I will try the state park marina this weekend and post a report.

Went out and fish the state park marina from 3pm-5pm.  Fished on the dock with Joatmon and caught 8 white bass.   I moved over to the next dock and got 2 more.  There were plenty of fishermen walking on the ice to the lock docks.  
[Image: IMG-3900.jpg]
(01-13-2024, 01:53 PM)hook_sets Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 01:13 PM)hook_sets Wrote:

Went out and fish the state park marina from 3pm-5pm.  Fished on the dock with Joatmon and caught 8 white bass.   I moved over to the next dock and got 2 more.  There were plenty of fishermen walking on the ice to the lock docks.  
That's not too bad for two hours, were those 10 the ones you caught or the total between you and joatmon?