Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP and Echo drive by today, 1-11
Buddy and I decided to take a look for ourselves..this was about 2:30 this aft...Rockport mostly capped, but a fairly large section still open about in the middle, towards the West side shoreline...no one fishing....then down the road to Echo..really surprised that there is still a HUGE section of open water out in middle, way bigger that RP...however, we did see 2 groups fishing on ice near the dam..Maybe some fishable ice next week??  and BTW...absolutely NO deer seen anywhere on this 125 mile circuit...but a good ride, often in the snow..
(01-12-2024, 03:29 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Buddy and I decided to take a look for ourselves..this was about 2:30 this aft...Rockport mostly capped, but a fairly large section still open about in the middle, towards the West side shoreline...no one fishing....then down the road to Echo..really surprised that there is still a HUGE section of open water out in middle, way bigger that RP...however, we did see 2 groups fishing on ice near the dam..Maybe some fishable ice next week??  and BTW...absolutely NO deer seen anywhere on this 125 mile circuit...but a good ride, often in the snow..

Thanks for the drive by report Joe. We had such a warm Dec it's not surprising the ice is just starting to grow on some of our deeper lakes. Would you normally expect to see deer in an afternoon trip like you made?
Normally we're seeing at least a few deer, especially with some snow background...but big Winter kill from last year's snow, and then (as of yesterday) not enough snow to force them down - probably why we weren't seeing any..maybe I'll just wait 'til duck season is done.. Smile