Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bountiful Lake today
I didn't fish it, but I took this picture today.

[Image: Bountiful-Lake.png]
What do you think they were fishing for/catching that would make it worthwhile to set up tents on the ice?
(01-13-2024, 04:47 AM)Crimson Wrote: What do you think they were fishing for/catching that would make it worthwhile to set up tents on the ice?

I'm guessing that they just wanted to stay out of the wind,  especially if they had children with them.
It'd be a convenient place to "test drive" some new gear before making a long and possibly fruitless drive somewhere.
(01-13-2024, 04:47 AM)Crimson Wrote: What do you think they were fishing for/catching that would make it worthwhile to set up tents on the ice?

Planter rainbows.  It was breezy and I bet it felt nice to be inside of a tent.  Also, extremely easy access.
Yeah, saw that as I drove home from work yesterday. Figured it's some of the regulars that are there year round.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
Fished it today. Ice was 3 inches. And there were lots of 9 inch rainbows eager to bite. it was funny watching the individuals with hockey skates come out and shovel the snow off only to find a very crusty rough surface in the ice and leave.
With the warmer temps coming next week I highly doubt I’ll get back on that ice anytime soon, if at all. But it was solid today.
Fished it yesterday. Between my buddy and I we only managed 5 fish. All planter bows. It was good to be on the ice though. Don't think I've ever seen it as busy as it was in winter. Probably 20 people or more on the ice.