Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
Hit Pineview early this morning.  I was concerned due to the posts I read regarding the slush and soft edges.  Went down by the caretakers house.  Edges were fine, you could tell they had been slushy.  Did hit slush on the walk out, but it was tolerable.  Fished 40-55 FOW.  Marked lots of fish in spots, only caught one fish between the two of us.  I can't say I noticed much catching going on around us by the way people were standing around.  Drove around the lake.  Saw a lot of cars at Windsurfer beach, saw several at Browning point and 3 vehicles at Cemetery point.  I did not talk to anyone else.  I would be interested in how others did at Pineview today!
Thanks for the report.After the cold temps we had last night, I bet that slush has frozen even more now. About what time did you start fishing?
(01-15-2024, 10:17 PM)icerman Wrote: Hit Pineview early this morning.  I was concerned due to the posts I read regarding the slush and soft edges.  Went down by the caretakers house.  Edges were fine, you could tell they had been slushy.  Did hit slush on the walk out, but it was tolerable.  Fished 40-55 FOW.  Marked lots of fish in spots, only caught one fish between the two of us.  I can't say I noticed much catching going on around us by the way people were standing around.  Drove around the lake.  Saw a lot of cars at Windsurfer beach, saw several at Browning point and 3 vehicles at Cemetery point.  I did not talk to anyone else.  I would be interested in how others did at Pineview today!

I fished the narrows yesterday morning. We fished 30-60 FOW. We consistently marked fish. However, catching was a different story. We fished from around 7 a.m. to noon. we caught one bluegill and six or seven 4- inch crappie. The slush stayed consistently bad all day. We tried several different lures. the only thing that seemed to work well was a tungsten jig with a gizzy bug tipped with wax worms.
How thick was the ice? Wondering how well it will hold up with the temperatures increasing this week.
(01-16-2024, 03:26 PM)pepem7 Wrote: How thick was the ice?  Wondering how well it will hold up with the temperatures increasing this week.

I didn't actually measure the thickness. It was difficult to judge. I would drill through the slush, hit ice, hit more slush/ water, and then more ice. The base ice was probably 3-4 inches
I fished the Narrows with JMorFish on Tuesday evening. One word to describe it would be “dead”. Fish were down there, but they were not interested in the standard fare that typically work. They would swim up to the bait, look at it for a moment, then go back down. We fished from about 5:45pm - 8:45pm. In that time, I had 4 hits and landed 2. One good 10” fish and a small 6” crappie. JMor got one hit all night long. Maybe it was the incoming Wed storm that turned them off??
(01-19-2024, 06:13 AM)MWScott72 Wrote: I fished the Narrows with JMorFish on Tuesday evening.  One word to describe it would be “dead”.  Fish were down there, but they were not interested in the standard fare that typically work.  They would swim up to the bait, look at it for a moment, then go back down.  We fished from about 5:45pm - 8:45pm.  In that time, I had 4 hits and landed 2.  One good 10” fish and a small 6” crappie.  JMor got one hit all night long.  Maybe it was the incoming Wed storm that turned them off??

Maybe but i've been up there four times so far and they're always turned off.  1 day I was up there. One guy had a decent little pile in his tent.  That's it i've got one or two fish every trip.

Something's turning them off.