Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Willard Driveby
North marina has a thin cap all over. It seems to be holding up against the wind. Tonight's cold should help to thicken the ice a bit. Bay was open water with wind and waves. I saw only 1 eagle.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(01-15-2024, 10:52 PM)BURLEY Wrote: North marina has a thin cap all over. It seems to be holding up against the wind. Tonight's cold should help to thicken the ice a bit. Bay was open water with wind and waves. I saw only 1 eagle.

Thanks for the Drive by report Hue. So the area in front of the ramp is frozen? Not sure why but that area has remained open all year, so if it's frozen now, that could put and end to getting out in a boat.
Sure was cold up here last night, I'll bet that does help to lock up a few ponds... If we had that for 3-4 days we might be good to go, but with new snow on the way and warmer temps I'm not sure it's going to get safe.... Hoping so though... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-16-2024, 02:34 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Sure was cold up here last night, I'll bet that does help to lock up a few ponds... If we had that for 3-4 days we might be good to go, but with new snow on the way and warmer temps I'm not sure it's going to get safe.... Hoping so though... Later Jeff

If I remember correctly Jeff, you usually drive in the work on Weds, if that is still the case, would you mind taking a look at the North marina tomorrow and see if it is still frozen?
(01-16-2024, 02:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 02:34 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Sure was cold up here last night, I'll bet that does help to lock up a few ponds... If we had that for 3-4 days we might be good to go, but with new snow on the way and warmer temps I'm not sure it's going to get safe.... Hoping so though... Later Jeff

If I remember correctly Jeff, you usually drive in the work on Weds, if that is still the case, would you mind taking a look at the North marina tomorrow and see if it is still frozen?

I was thinking the same thing Curt, if I take my park pass, do you think they will let me in in my car instead of my truck to check??? Don't want to have to drive the truck to work, but maybe with the storm that might be a good idea... Anyway I'll try and check it out tomorrow... Later Jeff
I was able to add multiple plates to my pass when I bought it this year. Also downloaded the app and stored the pass on my phone so I don't have to carry the physical one.
(01-16-2024, 05:09 PM)wayno945 Wrote: I was able to add multiple plates to my pass when I bought it this year. Also downloaded the app and stored the pass on my phone so I don't have to carry the physical one.

I seen the ap when I bought mine, but it wasn't working at the time... I'll have to see if I can get it to work for me now... Thanks for reminding me... Jeff
(01-16-2024, 03:20 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 02:42 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I was thinking the same thing Curt, if I take my park pass, do you think they will let me in in my car instead of my truck to check??? Don't want to have to drive the truck to work, but maybe with the storm that might be a good idea... Anyway I'll try and check it out tomorrow... Later Jeff
During the Winter they never check your pass but if they do, all you need to do is tell they you were just checking the ice condition. They normally don't care, unless you are parked and are fishing.
(01-16-2024, 05:09 PM)wayno945 Wrote: I was able to add multiple plates to my pass when I bought it this year. Also downloaded the app and stored the pass on my phone so I don't have to carry the physical one.

I scanned the QR code and started to put it on my phone until .....they wanted my credit card info, but stating that there is $0 charge. I then closed the process. They don't need my credit card info.

Curt, I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but I think the ice was all the way to the mouth of the harbor.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(01-16-2024, 06:52 PM)BURLEY Wrote:

I scanned the QR code and started to put it on my phone until .....they wanted my credit card info, but stating that there is $0 charge. I then closed the process.  They don't need my credit card info.

Curt, I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but I think the ice was all the way to the mouth of the harbor.

OK, thanks Hue.