Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some "Observations"
Some "Observations"
Just waiting for summer fishing.

Due to my time alone, I finished three books yesterday. And believe me, that’s a lot of coloring

What did our parents do to kill boredom before the internet? I asked my 26 brothers and sisters and they didn’t know either.

I tried donating blood today…NEVER AGAIN! Too many stupid questions:
Who’s blood is it? Where did you get it from? Why is it in a bucket

There’s nothing scarier than that split second when you lose your balance in the shower and you think, “They are going to find me naked.”

Today, I melted an ice cube with my mind just by staring at it. It took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Struggling to get your wife’s attention? Just sit down and look comfortable.

Just sold my homing pigeon on eBay for the 22nd time.

I grew up with Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope. Now there’s no jobs, no cash, and no hope. Please don’t let anything happen to Kevin Bacon.

Shut-out to everyone who can still remember their childhood phone number but can’t remember the password they created yesterday. You are my people.

One minute you’re young and fun. And next, you’re turning down the stereo in your car to see better.

Think you’re old and you will be old. Think you are young, and you will be delusional.

When I offer to wash your back in the shower, all you have to say is ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
Not all this “Who are you and how did you get in here?” nonsense.

Not in jail, not in a mental hospital, not in a grave—I'd say I’m having a good day.
Those are some good ones! Thanks for sharing.
(01-18-2024, 09:37 PM)liketrolling Wrote: Some "Observations"
Just waiting for summer fishing.

Due to my time alone, I finished three books yesterday. And believe me, that’s a lot of coloring

What did our parents do to kill boredom before the internet? I asked my 26 brothers and sisters and they didn’t know either.

I tried donating blood today…NEVER AGAIN! Too many stupid questions:
Who’s blood is it? Where did you get it from? Why is it in a bucket

There’s nothing scarier than that split second when you lose your balance in the shower and you think, “They are going to find me naked.”

Today, I melted an ice cube with my mind just by staring at it. It took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Struggling to get your wife’s attention? Just sit down and look comfortable.

Just sold my homing pigeon on eBay for the 22nd time.

I grew up with Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope. Now there’s no jobs, no cash, and no hope. Please don’t let anything happen to Kevin Bacon.

Shut-out to everyone who can still remember their childhood phone number but can’t remember the password they created yesterday. You are my people.

One minute you’re young and fun. And next, you’re turning down the stereo in your car to see better.

Think you’re old and you will be old. Think you are young, and you will be delusional.

When I offer to wash your back in the shower, all you have to say is ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
Not all this “Who are you and how did you get in here?” nonsense.

Not in jail, not in a mental hospital, not in a grave—I'd say I’m having a good day.

Robert, being my age I can appreciate each of these comments. I will print them out so I will be less likely to forget them.

rj
I bought one of those push-up bras, but I can still only do about 10.

Superglue isn't the best lip balm, but I can't complain.

The lady at the salon drew my wife's eyebrows on too high, and when I told her, she looked surprised.

Somebody fainted on the baggage carousel at the airport. But they came around after a while.

I'm so old I had to join a carbon dating website.

Finally, my wife said the wanted to "experiment" more in the bedroom. Looks like I'm in the control group, though.
There's some really good ones in there, both of you guys... Thanks Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-18-2024, 09:37 PM)liketrolling Wrote: Some "Observations"
Come on Robert - tell us what you REALLY think.

[Image: winking-emoticon.png]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Getting Old is just one body part after another saying, "HA HA, you think that's bad? Watch this!
Aaaa.... there is truth in humor.

And then there is the three legged dog that walked into an old west bar and said, "I'm lookin' for the man that shot my pa".

Winter go away.
Hey Lynn I don't think winter is coming this year... Worst ice year I've seen in a long time... Crazy to be towards the end of January and still not having decent ice... I'm predicting an early spring if things keep going like they have been... Last week when we got a couple feet of snow I was getting nervous especially with 17 below zero temps... But a couple days later we're back in the 40's and the snow is down to maybe a foot left, and so who knows what's going to happen this year... Later Jeff
(01-19-2024, 07:18 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Lynn I don't think winter is coming this year... Worst ice year I've seen in a long time...  Crazy to be towards the end of January and still not having decent ice... I'm predicting an early spring if things keep going like they have been... Last week when we got a couple feet of snow I was getting nervous especially with 17 below zero temps... But a couple days later we're back in the 40's and the snow is down to maybe a foot left, and so who knows what's going to happen this year...  Later Jeff

Jeff, I hope you and all you cold-blooded ice fishers are blessed with a good 4+ inches of ice. Used to ice fish but bones are now too old to endure the misery. I'm waiting for 60 degree plus weather and it can't get here too soon. 
Best to ya,
Lynn
(01-19-2024, 10:09 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote:
(01-19-2024, 07:18 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Lynn I don't think winter is coming this year... Worst ice year I've seen in a long time...  Crazy to be towards the end of January and still not having decent ice... I'm predicting an early spring if things keep going like they have been... Last week when we got a couple feet of snow I was getting nervous especially with 17 below zero temps... But a couple days later we're back in the 40's and the snow is down to maybe a foot left, and so who knows what's going to happen this year...  Later Jeff

Jeff, I hope you and all you cold-blooded ice fishers are blessed with a good 4+ inches of ice. Used to ice fish but bones are now too old to endure the misery. I'm waiting for 60 degree plus weather and it can't get here too soon. 
Best to ya,
Lynn

Thanks Lynn, just got back from trying to freeze my toes... I sure hate slush... There is about 4" of snow/water and yuk on top of 4" of marginal ice, so unless it decides to get pretty cold I don't think it will last too long, once it's gone I say bring on the 60 degree days... except I'll have to start farming so it's good and bad at the same time.. Good luck keeping warm and getting excited for the spring cat season... Later jeff