Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Utah CT Trout Video
Enjoyed this recent video about Utah's Cutthroat Slam and thought to share the link.  Although fish in video were caught on flies, it is noted any legal method is acceptable, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvVJhGN-C2U
The cut slam is a great adventure. I need to try it again
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Kent and I got out a few years back and caught a couple of the different cutts needed for the slam, the first one was on the raft river range in the NW part of the state. The second was on the North slope. On another trip I caught one in Bear lake and the last one I caught up on North fork above Pineview.

[Image: cutt-slam-coin.jpg]
I completed both Utah and Wyoming CT. I had an opportunity in Wyoming to fish three different basins one afternoon and nailed three different CT species that afternoon. As usual, the last CT was more of a challenge. I'm now evaluating the Nevada Native Fish Slam which includes the Lahonton CT (LCT). The LCT in Pyramid Lake can be very large and has a great story coming back from 'declared extinction.' I don't have gear for a potential large LCT. I either need a guide or to acquire more gear. Any suggestions, or anyone planning a winter fish trip near Reno?