Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rainbow Day at Soldier Creek
I had a decent day at Soldier Creek today, bit of a late start. Started at 8:30 and packed up at 2:00pm when I put my 50th on the ice, 46 rainbows and 4 Cutts. I fished in 33.5’ of water caught the majority 10’ down. Got them on my favorite white with red flake Maniac Gitzilla tipped with meal worm. It was my first time ice fishing the Soldier Creek side. It was quite a hike in and out from the highway turn out. There was ankle deep crusty snow with a foot of slush under that above solid ice. Walking wasn’t terrible except the couple times I broke through the crust. Majority of the bows where around 14” largest 18” the 4 Cutts where all slot fish. 
[Image: IMG-1784.jpg]
?
Wow that sounds like a great trip... Never mind my questions asking how your trip was in your other post... Sorry I didn't see this post when I asked those questions... However, how thick was the good ice? Thick enough to hold snowmobiles okay? Other than the slush monster? Thanks Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-20-2024, 04:32 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Wow that sounds like a great trip... Never mind my questions asking how your trip was in your other post... Sorry I didn't see this post when I asked those questions...  However, how thick was the good ice?  Thick enough to hold snowmobiles okay?  Other than the slush monster?  Thanks Jeff

There was a foot of ice where we where, that being said it has been a weird year so I cant vouch for the rest of the lake.
Thanks for the great report! I don't have the proper gear to stay warm on the ice, so I just enjoy the reports and prepare tackle for the soft water season. That is amazing that you reversed the normal ratio of rainbows to cutts! Do you think it was your fishing method, location, or just chance that you got way more of the rainbows?
(01-25-2024, 03:47 PM)Piscophilic Wrote: Thanks for the great report! I don't have the proper gear to stay warm on the ice, so I just enjoy the reports and prepare tackle for the soft water season. That is amazing that you reversed the normal ratio of rainbows to cutts! Do you think it was your fishing method, location, or just chance that you got way more of the rainbows?

I think it was location way up by the highway in only 33’ of water, typically I’m on the Strawberry side in 80-90’ off water.