Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek Parking Closed for Two Weeks
On my way out of Soldier Creek today I was informed by the crew cleaning up the oil spill from a rolled over oil truck that the parking at the Aspen Grove  turn off parking by the highway will be closed for two weeks until they are done cleaning up the mess.
Thanks Shawn, great piece of information... how did you do today? How are the ice conditions? I'm starting to think I need to head to the berry to find safe ice... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-20-2024, 04:28 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks Shawn, great piece of information... how did you do today?  How are the ice conditions?  I'm starting to think I need to head to the berry to find safe ice... Later Jeff

See my report "Rainbow Day at Soldier Creek"
(01-20-2024, 04:28 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks Shawn, great piece of information... how did you do today?  How are the ice conditions?  I'm starting to think I need to head to the berry to find safe ice... Later Jeff
Jeff, are you SURE there is safe ice at the Berry?  This was 2 days ago.

Man rescued from thin-ice fall in latest of string of emergencies at Strawberry Reservoir | KUTV

And just yesterday, two snowmobiles went through the ice on Mantua.

Snowmobilers rescued after going into icy water at northern Utah reservoir (msn.com)
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
It’s a strange ice year so far and the ice at strawberry is inconsistent at best. I parked at the ladders on Monday where two tents were already set up and fishing so I figured the ice was fine. After battling the slush monster out to where the tents were I drilled a couple holes and noticed the ice was only about 2 - 2.5 inches thick. As I continued to pull my gear out I suddenly fell through up to my belly button. I think it was all the slush that kept me from going in any further. Anyway being soaked and freaked out, I crawled out and away and called it a day. It was a scary experience that I hope never to repeat. Ice will have to be much thicker and solid before I attempt to head out again.